Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Looks good. Got fork tines?

You should fill out your signature with what you have.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Great looking start, very nice fab work too! Did you buy the pin and top hooks and or the backer from someplace like Artillian or did you fab all that as well??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looking good! I made mine as well. Bought a set of worn out (heals) forks from a dealer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tacked the upper carriage or fork support tonight.

Trying to decide what to use for the bottom rail. The remaining piece of angle is only 3 1/2 inches.if I put the nice rounded edge down you will see the plasma cut edge.
I would like the rounded edge down just to make it slide easier..

My forks have the standard 16 inch opening for mounting. How should the rails be set up 15 7/8 or 15 3/4?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
Nice job Tugg, any idea on the total weight so far?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Primer and paint.
Take easy on me .i`m not a painter and had gun issues on the color. I don't think I thinned it enough.

All is forgiven...You have a Honda in the Garage...& a boat perhaps? ( a very nice boat I see on pg 1)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Primer and paint.
Take easy on me .i`m not a painter and had gun issues on the color. I don't think I thinned it enough.
Looks very serviceable to me, I too lack the patience for fastidious painting-typically because I put so much attention to detail into my builds. I’ve never had one yet fail from a lackluster paint job but all of them function and I’ve never broken a weld :bigthumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All is forgiven...You have a Honda in the Garage...& a boat perhaps? ( a very nice boat I see on pg 1)
Two of my other hobbys.when I was young man I raced motorcycles and boats. The main reason I didn't have money when I was younger. But boy did we have fun.
The bike is aluminum frame cr500 like a service Honda bike it's a 2004 crf250 chassis with a cr500 motor installed. I fabricated al the parts for that project.

The boat is something I always wanted. So when I turned 50 I bought one. It's a single engine Fountain with a custom built 600 cubic inch engine dyno 800hp. We figure in The boat with all the accessory added it's about 700hp.

I don't ride the bike much any more it's just to hard on the body and the kids have family's now so no one to ride with.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I stuck my 86 cr 500 motor in one of my quads......It will rattle your eyeballs in your skull in 4th..way crazy.( no counterbalancer n the 500 engine)...its weird but the whole quad shakes big time. Sitting still ...rev the engine and the front coils lose there tension and the nose dips an inch or so. Makes no sense it works with 2 wheels but not 4?
Sold the 97 CR 500 after/the day it bit me..knee still hurts now & then. Still have the quad though. Sand toyz.
I'm a speed boat fanatic as well..Had a few overpowered 2 stroke Merc...16' boats and am trying to move on to Jets.
Flying on the water is a different deal.

Not enough cash too make that dream come true....yet

Sticking around this site isn't helping...I like my Green toyz too.

Nice write up on the FF.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts