Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read all the pros and cons on the independent hydraulic lift mower deck vs the other two options. I'm not here to debate which one is the better choice. My question is about removing and re-connecting the auto connect deck with the independent lift installed. Are there any differences in procedure when removing the deck with independent vs the standard mechanical version? This is in regard to the 1025r MMM. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
It is the same process. The only difference is in the handle or switch that is used to raise or lower the deck. The options are the mid SCV joystick, 3rd SCV lever or a switch for an electronic valve.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is the same process. The only difference is in the handle or switch that is used to raise or lower the deck. The options are the mid SCV joystick, 3rd SCV lever or a switch for an electronic valve.
Thanks. I thought the Independent option uses a rocker switch mounted some place around the left knee.

Edited:

Ok, lets see if I understand how the mower deck system works. You can raise or lower the deck in one of three ways. With the 3 point hitch lever using the standard mech lift system. Joy stick with the hydraulic option but you have to share a port with the loader. Can't use both at the same time. The independent with the electric rocker switch.
So that means the mower deck height knob is just a mechanical stop for setting the cut height? The "Install" setting just lets the deck go all the way down to the ground. Is my assumption correct?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
So that means the mower deck height knob is just a mechanical stop for setting the cut height? The "Install" setting just lets the deck go all the way down to the ground. Is my assumption correct?
You are right, the mechanical stop sets the height, all of the 3 different ways of lifting it are just to raise the deck off of the mechanical stop so the height knob can be rotated, then you let the deck back down on it. And yes, you are right on the "Install" setting.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right, the mechanical stop sets the height, all of the 3 different ways of lifting it are just to raise the deck off of the mechanical stop so the height knob can be rotated, then you let the deck back down on it. And yes, you are right on the "Install" setting.
Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yep, you nailed it all.

Mine had the hydraulic lift controlled by the joystick - that got to be a real PITA when it came time for taking the deck off/loader on - switched over to independent lift and haven't looked back. It is nice also to have the joystick for loader only, the 3 pt for whatever is on 3 pt only, and the mower lift doing only the mower - thus independent. People have complained about the location of the switch, I looked into moving it to right side but dealer wasn't too keen on going against the grain of the install manual on that, and in hind sight it's fine where it is, doesn't require any more contortion than setting the height knob at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts