Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
20,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Thanks to you I now own a new 1026R! :thumbup1gif: I bought it on black friday. I've been lurking here on the forum for a while and decided to join. Already I appreciate the input and suggestions I've already used in this tractor.

I have 5 hours on it already (was delivered with 4) and love it. I do have an issue but I asked about it in another thread. This little guy is replacing a Chinese tractor I have. Night and day difference!!!:beer:

My dealer mentioned that the quick-hitch probably won't fit my box blade. He said he has never seen any non John Deere implements fit the quick-hitch. He was not trying to sell me more equipment, but save me money and recommend to not get a quick-hitch. I won't get it until next week sometime so I don't know if it fits. I have the technology to make it fit:laugh:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hello all!

Thanks to you I now own a new 1026R! :thumbup1gif: I bought it on black friday. I've been lurking here on the forum for a while and decided to join. Already I appreciate the input and suggestions I've already used in this tractor.

I have 5 hours on it already (was delivered with 4) and love it. I do have an issue but I asked about it in another thread. This little guy is replacing a Chinese tractor I have. Night and day difference!!!:beer:

My dealer mentioned that the quick-hitch probably won't fit my box blade. He said he has never seen any non John Deere implements fit the quick-hitch. He was not trying to sell me more equipment, but save me money and recommend to not get a quick-hitch. I won't get it until next week sometime so I don't know if it fits. I have the technology to make it fit:laugh:
Most new 3PH implements are built to the quick hitch standard and I don't buy implements unless they are quick hitch compatible. The quick hitch is such a convenience and a time saver, I can drop my ballast box and attach the box blade without getting off the tractor, and the chipper is almost as easy but I do have to get off and attach the hydraulics and PTO. I upgraded my iMatch to lynch pins instead of cotterpins, so I can remove the iMatch and 3PH and get my backhoe attached in about 5 to 10 minutes. Get an iMatch, you won't regret it.

If it was me, and I had an implement that was not quick hitch compatible, I would sell it and get one that is compatible. It is that important.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Congratulations! Not only on your purchase, but your participation here.

You have a great machine. I agree with BEC, the quick hitch is the best thing you can add to your tractor. If the implement is not compatible, you can usually modify it to make it work. My tiller, box blade, sprayer, ballast box, and now my spreader all fit my quick hitch. Looking forward to SEEING your machine. Thank you for participating. :good2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
1026r

Congratulations. You will love it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congrats on the new acquisition!

As Randy and all indicate, the i Match system is worth every penny. I made the mistake of not ordering one with my 1026R and had a few weeks of grunting implements on and off - "Big Mistake"!! Some of the gear is far heavier than one would anticipate and dependent on level parking/storing areas, getting things to line up was a huge PITA!!

Enjoy!

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Congrats on the 1026R! We are loving ours too. Enjoy! :good2:

·
Administrator
20,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are a few pics of the shiny new tool in the toolbox:yahoo:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
It's not set up for snow?

Are you going to have to look at it all winter new and shiny? :laugh:

Reactions: jd3x

·
Administrator
20,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL

No. I've already moved some dirt, fixed a hole in my yard, bladed my drive and neighbors driveway. I can't wait for some nice weather again. It's raining and nasty out. I'll be picking up my quick hitch and ballast box here soon. Looking forward to many years of service from this machine.

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
Congrats on your new machine! You will indeed love it!

He said he has never seen any non John Deere implements fit the quick-hitch.
Show your dealer this pic and make him a believer.:good2:

Greg

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Great pics, great machine. I think the deluxe hood guard really gives the 1026R a sharp look.:thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,065 Posts
I still cannot get over how stout these new 1026R's look and appear to be.
Good looking machine. Best of luck.

·
Administrator
20,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the compliments. I kept saying the same thing. This tractor is stout! Every time I saw one at the dealer, it was so much more impressive than the pics online and John Deere's website. If you haven't seen one in person, watch out! When you see it, it'll impress you. I can tell you so far it runs and operates as well as it looks. I'm pleased with my purchase (even as expensive as it is). It's definitly better than any other tractors in its class. I looked real hard at other machines but the 1026R came out on top every time.

Only bad things that need attention is the auto-connect deck latch (which looks like its been corrected already at John Deere), and the independent lift. It's not really independent. I'd prefer it's own lever or switch etc. that operates the deck lift without connecting or changing hydraulic lines. I see a modification coming along!

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Only bad things that need attention is the auto-connect deck latch (which looks like its been corrected already at John Deere), and the independent lift. It's not really independent. I'd prefer it's own lever or switch etc. that operates the deck lift without connecting or changing hydraulic lines. I see a modification coming along!
I don't have either of these two options on my 1026R...does that make it perfect?:unknown:......:lol:

·
Administrator
20,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IMG_1420.JPG

I tried out mowing with this guy tonight. I needed to trim the grass in the dog pen and ended up mowing the entire yard! Lighting is great for night mowing. The R4 tires did not tear up my yard even at full lock. It has been raining here for the past three days so the yard is also soft, again no issues. Man is this thing a grass cutting machine:thumbup1gif: Tires stayed wet entire time I mowed, never slipped a tire, never scuffed, didn't need 4x4 even on the the slopes. I really felt planted mowing the slopes.:cool:

The gearbox on the deck was real hot after that hour of mowing. Hot enough you couldn't lay your hand on it over a 1/2 second. The oil level is fine and I see no obvious defects or hear anything. Normal :unknown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,065 Posts
View attachment 5059

I tried out mowing with this guy tonight. I needed to trim the grass in the dog pen and ended up mowing the entire yard! Lighting is great for night mowing. The R4 tires did not tear up my yard even at full lock. It has been raining here for the past three days so the yard is also soft, again no issues. Man is this thing a grass cutting machine:thumbup1gif: Tires stayed wet entire time I mowed, never slipped a tire, never scuffed, didn't need 4x4 even on the the slopes. I really felt planted mowing the slopes.:cool:

The gearbox on the deck was real hot after that hour of mowing. Hot enough you couldn't lay your hand on it over a 1/2 second. The oil level is fine and I see no obvious defects or hear anything. Normal :unknown:
If I had the extra money I would buy a 1026R. I think they are a real cool tractor. I also think you are one lucky guy, life is good.

Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Thanks for the great mowing review. I mowed a small amount with a demo unit, but other than that, I just turned my MMM on and off a few times and then took it off and stored it away for winter. So, not sure about the gear box question. What amazed me about the 60" 7Iron was how quiet it was, even when you dial that throttle up! :good2:

·
Administrator
20,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the great mowing review. I mowed a small amount with a demo unit, but other than that, I just turned my MMM on and off a few times and then took it off and stored it away for winter. So, not sure about the gear box question. What amazed me about the 60" 7Iron was how quiet it was, even when you dial that throttle up! :good2:
No kidding. I mowed without hearing protection. I probably should still use hearing protection, but it wasn't so load that it made you want or need it. I'm impressed with the power and quality of cut too.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts