Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been lurking on this forum for the past year or so and finally decided to join. I just got the ok from the finance committee to buy the tractor I've been obsessing over for the last year or so and I'm hoping to order a 1025R in the next week or so. Try to take advantage of some of the deals they have going right now. Let me know if you all think this is a good price or if I should try to do some more haggling or try another dealer.

1025R
60D drive over deck with auto connect
H120 loader
60" box blade
50lb plastic wheel weights
service manual
fluid filled rear tires

out the door for 20k

·
Administrator
20,354 Posts
:wgtt:

Add a ballast box and a quick hitch and you'll be off to an excellent start!

·
Premium Member
14,109 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I've been lurking on this forum for the past year or so and finally decided to join. I just got the ok from the finance committee to buy the tractor I've been obsessing over for the last year or so and I'm hoping to order a 1025R in the next week or so. Try to take advantage of some of the deals they have going right now. Let me know if you all think this is a good price or if I should try to do some more haggling or try another dealer.

1025R
60D drive over deck with auto connect
H120 loader
60" box blade
50lb plastic wheel weights
service manual
fluid filled rear tires

out the door for 20k
What part of the State are you in ? I got my best quote from AHW in Rockville.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts

Add a ballast box and a quick hitch and you'll be off to an excellent start!

Wow. First reply back and finding him new things to add. Nice job although I agree If you're going to have a loader you should have a ballast box.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What part of the State are you in ? I got my best quote from AHW in Rockville.

I'm down in Columbus south of Indy. I don't plan on doing a whole lot of loader work and what little I do will be moving fire wood and dead trees around my 5 acres. Just trying to get it all cleaned up. Will also do some minor stone work on my drive way. I may see if I can get them to throw it in with the deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm down in Columbus south of Indy. I don't plan on doing a whole lot of loader work and what little I do will be moving fire wood and dead trees around my 5 acres. Just trying to get it all cleaned up. Will also do some minor stone work on my drive way. I may see if I can get them to throw it in with the deal.
One thing I learned in the process was that prices can vary wildly. My lowest of 3 quotes was 2000 less than my highest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was quoted by Wright Implements in Seymour. I do plan on adding a bush hog next spring. I'm looking at the Woods HC54. I figure 48 is a bit small and 60 is too big. 54 should be just right lol

·
Premium Member
7,912 Posts
I would suggest that you get the cast wheel weights....

x2 on the ballast box, or add suitcase weights to the box blade.

As soon as the finance committee figures out how useful that hydraulic wheelbarrow is, you find many more uses for it.

Moving trees? Did I here moving trees..... Someone needs a grapple! :lol:

Congrats on your new tractor. :good2: and welcome to GTT.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from Carmel!

...and congratulations!
I haven't gotten it yet hopefully order it this week. Tim I spoke to you a few weeks ago on FB about brush hogging some of my property. After talking with my wife more I finally convinced her.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I haven't gotten it yet hopefully order it this week. Tim I spoke to you a few weeks ago on FB about brush hogging some of my property. After talking with my wife more I finally convinced her.
Well, bad for me, I guess, but congratulations! I remember the photos of your property. Beautiful!
Maybe we can bring Johnny down to play sometime...

Tim

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Get more than one quote. Check width Mutton in Fort Wayne, they are one of the sponsors here and always have a decent price. Good luck.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,069 Posts
Welcome to GTT G280mx.
Don't worry too much about the cost of the tractor, it's only the start of spending money on tractor stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I've been on the phone all morning calling other dealers. We will see who has the best price later today as they are all putting together quotes.

I called:
D&G Equipment in Mason MI

AHW in Rockville IN

Mutton Power in Ft. Wayne IN

Smiths in Greensburg IN

I'll update with more info later today

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Welcome to GTT G280mx.
Don't worry too much about the cost of the tractor, it's only the start of spending money on tractor stuff. :lol:
Isn't that the truth :lol:

·
Registered
12,530 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

1 - 20 of 27 Posts