Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!
Hello from Masachusetts! Been a Deere fan for many years. Owned mostly residential gear. Been spending the last year+ looking at the 1, 2, and 3 series. Think I've settled on the 2 series. Just can't get right with the cost vs. return for a 1 acre residential property yet. Been watching a lot of TTWT, Rock Hill Farm, Green Works Tractor, and others all of which have been very helpful. Read some threads here recently that were equally as helpful from you all who own and use the gear and tell it true. Asked for a few estimates from a dealer or two. The more I ask for various configurations of a 2032R or 2038R, the more the price for the same options seem to change. Doesn't sit right with me. So now I'm starting to shop dealers. Looking for a dealer who wants to provide the solution not just the sale.....is very knowledgeable, will spend the time to discuss, give an honest and fair price and can back it up with an experienced and quality service team, if such a dealership exists. Open to dealer suggestions preferably in MA or NH (although I have tried one from each state and have left wanting to open my own dealership...I'll leave it at that.). Would consider dealers in VT, ME, too if they are really worth the drive. I'm probably out to lunch with this request, but if so, i trust this distinguished group will dial me in.

Keep up the many contributions and support you offer on GTT...they are helpful and very much appreciated.
Thanks for the add.

·
Administrator
20,128 Posts
Welcome to GTT (y)

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Welcome from north Alabama

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome to GTT from Wisconsin.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,436 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,572 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Welcome from southern KY!

A large 2 Frame may be to much for that property! I'm using a 1025R on 11 acres myself. I go in the woods, across creeks, up/down very steep hills that would roll a larger tractor. In fact, A few times just yesterday, I got in some places that mine was too big for! Don't rule out the 2025R if you need a larger machine than a 1 series. The 2032/38 are closer in physical size to a 3 series than they appear.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Welcome from mid Michigan

Reactions: RollinGreen

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome from western pa

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Welcome from Central Ma. I don't know where in ma you are but in Central Ma there is a good dealer I would recommend. RT 146.. in Millbury.

·
Registered
2021 X738
38 Posts
I'm in southern Maine and have gone through all the NH dealers and ME dealers before I finally settled on one. I feel your pain. I made the choice to buy from the dealer that gave me the best price out the door. As far as service, at this point I plan on doing all of it on my own unless it's warranty work of some kind.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from the mountains of Tennessee
Justice05 thank you. I’ve spent some time in Titan country and always enjoy it. Spent 6 months in Sweetwater back in the 90s and have some friends in and around Nashville, Murfreesboro and Knoxville. Stay safe and best wishes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts