Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I will ask my question then an observation. I read through the entire 17 page thread about the work arounds for the RIO switch. I have a brand new 2016 1025R and want to make this change. Problem is I can't seem to get to the switch without taking half the dash apart and I'm not inclined to go to that much disassembly to place a jumper. Is there any other way to accomplish this without taking half my new tractor apart? I know about the clothes pin and the under seat switch but I don't like those options.... Anybody got a suggestion?

Now for my observation... I just spent the last couple of weeks reading all 647 pages of "what did you do with your SCUT Deere today" thread. I mostly skimmed through but I have learned a tremendous amount about how you all use your tractors and got several great ideas, thank you. I also learned that many of you have incredible properties with great views and amenities. I am greatful that there is this great resource for help and information. Looking forward to participating in this great online community.

Steve

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
On older models you could jumper the sensor on the pedal linkage so it always thought it was in forward.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yea it's pretty easy. Take panel off that's right under seat. Need a 3mm I believe to take knob of and a 10mm and #3 Phillips to take kick panel off. Look for the switch in picture and take 2 zip ties and run it around sensor like pictured and tighten till it is fully depressed. This should work and it's easy to reverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi All
Another question my old 102 had a RIO My 1025r Had a RIO but my wife's Z235 does not have one RIO fitted. Does any one know why the different philosophy between the tractor style mowers and the Zero turn mowers?:dunno:
Regards John.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Yea it's pretty easy. Take panel off that's right under seat. Need a 3mm I believe to take knob of and a 10mm and #3 Phillips to take kick panel off. Look for the switch in picture and take 2 zip ties and run it around sensor like pictured and tighten till it is fully depressed. This should work and it's easy to reverse

I did this and it's very easy to do. The only problem I ran into was putting it back together make sure the diff lock rod is showing and not behind the cover. Other than that it's a 10 minute fix :good2::good2:

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Here is how I bypassed the need for the RIO on my tractor. Quick, clean, easily reversible and no need to remove panels. This bypass also bypasses the seat switch safety. The only negative is the digital PTO speed indication in the dash will read out the PTO RPM as rear all the time. Not a problem for me since I always looks at the PTO RPM mark on the tachometer.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/29217-2015-1025r-reverse-implement-operation-bypass-power-take-off-switch-access-post358529.html#post358529

·
Premium Member
14,747 Posts

Mine is done the same way. going on 3 yrs no problems. Simple , easy fix.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is how I bypassed the need for the RIO on my tractor. Quick, clean, easily reversible and no need to remove panels. This bypass also bypasses the seat switch safety. The only negative is the digital PTO speed indication in the dash will read out the PTO RPM as rear all the time. Not a problem for me since I always looks at the PTO RPM mark on the tachometer.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/29217-2015-1025r-reverse-implement-operation-bypass-power-take-off-switch-access-post358529.html#post358529
Thanks Ray, I ordered the part already from Amazon and will do the mod as soon as it gets here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Thanks to everybody for the alternate methods to disable the RIO switch. I'm going to try Ray's method first and see how that works for me.

Steve

·
Registered
524 Posts
Good glad you got what you needed. I knew they way I provided was an easy way as well and I've told several people about it. I've worked on tons of these little guys and probably 75% of them have it disabled one way or another.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks to everybody for the alternate methods to disable the RIO switch. I'm going to try Ray's method first and see how that works for me.

Steve
I did it Rays way and it is simpler and can be quickly reversed . I did find out without reason I had to reverse wires or the engine would stall like others had said . Works Perfect

John

·
Registered
439 Posts

I wish that I'd have seen this method before I fought with the connector on the back of the RIO switch.
One question...could this switch be jumpered out rather than tie wrapping it in an always made position?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I wish that I'd have seen this method before I fought with the connector on the back of the RIO switch.
One question...could this switch be jumpered out rather than tie wrapping it in an always made position?
I don't think it will work that way. Honestly in not sure never tried it that way

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
on 425/445/455 it can be jumpered,

·
Registered
135 Posts

Steve
Ray's method is clearly the easiest and least invasive. The best way is to jump the wires at the PTO switch, but as you've discovered those wires are very difficult to access.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts