Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased and received a HF Quick Hitch. Now all I need are the bushings and I'll be golden.

I know I need 2 of these for the bottom of each implement.

Do I need some kind of bushing on the top or will just the pin suffice?

Reactions: turbolag

·
Administrator
18,484 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why the 2 different ones Kenny?

·
Administrator
20,973 Posts
Because no one makes one big thick one. :lol: I looked around, and the TSC ones were the best deal.
Actually they do. But they're rare and I don't have a p/n. Some were just supplied with my buddies new iMatch QH. I believe I saw them once before too, unfortunately I suffer from CRS.... Don't know where I saw them.:lol:

·
Administrator
18,484 Posts
Why the 2 different ones Kenny?
What he said:

Because no one makes one big thick one. :lol: I looked around, and the TSC ones were the best deal.
Actually, if you buy the JD bushing kit there is large one included for the T/L (or there used to be at least!), but it's like $40 or more.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pardon my ignorance on this guys...........i'm a little lost here. You're saying that you take the 2 to 1 bushing and place it inside the 3 to 2 bushing to make it thicker?

·
Administrator
18,484 Posts
Pardon my ignorance on this guys...........i'm a little lost here. You're saying that you take the 2 to 1 bushing and place it inside the 3 to 2 bushing to make it thicker?
Yes :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Top Link Bushing Too Big

I had a friend of mine extend the top hook on the quick hitch like others have did and it looks great. I bought some cat 1-2 and the 2-3 bushings at tractor supply like Kenny suggested then slipped one into the other. There's only one problem. The cat 2-3 bushing doesn't fit on the top hook. It's too big. If I only use the cat 1-2 bushing.......it's too small and there is a lot of play. I really don't want to grind the hook down. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Did you get the exact parts Kenny linked to? Those should be the ones. I have no idea why, but there are two different sizes of Cat 2-3 bushings. One may be the toplink size, and one the lower pin size (the pins that would normally go into the 3PH arms). I have one of the bigger bushings laying around that I accidentally bought and don't have a use for. If you bought the two Kenny suggested, they should fit, so if it was me I think I would just adjust the top hook to fit it.

When you say it won't fit, is it because the bushing itself won't fit down inside the hook, or is the frame on the implement hitting the hook and not allowing it to slide in?

·
Administrator
18,484 Posts
CategoryHitch pin sizeLower hitch spacingTractor drawbar power
upper linklower links
017 mm (5⁄8")17 mm (5⁄8")500 mm (20")<15 kW (<20 hp)
119 mm (3⁄4")22.4 mm (7⁄8")718 mm (26")15-35 kW (20-45 hp)
225.5 mm (1")28.7 mm (1 1⁄8")870 mm (32")30-75 kW (40-100 hp)
331.75 mm (1 1⁄4")37.4 mm (1 7⁄16")1010 mm (38")60-168 kW (80-225 hp)
445mm (1 3⁄4")51 mm (2")1220 mm (46")135-300 kW (180-400 hp)

Bob, is it possible you picked up a CAT2>CAT3 lower link bushing? If your TSC is anything like mine they are all mixed up in the bins, you have to be very careful what you pick up.

They should measure 1-1/4" OD, I am betting the one you have is 1-7/16"

Chart copied from: http://www.tractordata.com/articles/technical/threepoint.html

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Did you get the exact parts Kenny linked to?
andy and Kenny.....they're the right ones. It says top link on the sticker. You had me thinking there for a minute! I could've swore I picked them out of the top link bin. LOL!

I went back out and tried to fit it in the hook again. Well, it seems like the hook is a little crooked. It fits fine on the right side and is tight on the left. See the pics I just took. It looks like I'll have to grind the left side down a hair. Shouldn't be too bad. I'm a cheap bass..........I mean frugal shopper like andy said! :cool: I just couldn't see myself buying the IMatch when the HF quick hitch will serve the same purpose for over $200 cheaper. Thanks for your help guys!:thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,484 Posts
Good deal Bob, a little grinding should get you in the game. Sometimes you have to think of anything from Horrible Fright as a project...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Bob,

Looks like you found the issue and will have it fixed by tomorrow. :laugh: I'm guessing the factory that churns those parts out increased the speed of the cutting head to increase throughput and now you get to fix their mistake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts