Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually my first project. I got tired of having to run my truck arund the yard every time I needed to move a trailer. The tabs were made by our hs agri/welding class with a computer guided plasma cutter. The rest is 1 1/2" square tubing. The actual hitch I stole off an ATV disc attachment. I did have to put some spacers between the tabs on top so my top link would fit in it. Works great. Still looking for JD green paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I built that ATV rack too.

·
Premium Member
14,109 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Looks great. You are very talented.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Please don't take this as an insult, it's a bit hard to tell from the pictures but your welds are a bit wonky looking - did you get good penetration? If you are a fairly new weldor (yes, weldor is the guy holding the electrode - welder is the box) and using stick electrodes is your welder AC only or does it have DC capability?

I have an old AC only Miller stick welder and I always hated using it because I could never make a good weld. Then I bought a 250 amp Hobart MIG and loved welding. Then I bought an ESAB AC/DC stick welder to make gate repairs and I was amazed how much easier stick welding is using DC. With fresh electrodes I could make a really decent weld.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No offense taken. Sometimes my welds are ugly, but generally are strong. I don't do it for a living.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Nice job . . . your welds look like mine. :mocking:

As a dear friend would say . . . 'Not much on looks but hell for stout.'

A little grinding and JD green paint and that will look like store bought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts