Green Tractor Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I feel for ya Sam. What is the game plan?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thats too bad, mine is still working out with no problems.:lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Ext warranty. Swirling out a pad when it happened. Thinking of going to ctl. Ct322. Cab of corse. I think they are heavier made.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I didn't have to use mine so much and I had no problems with it, but I guess when you use them they break, as it is a tool for me not a toy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I don't mow with mfwd, no driving long distance on concrete and no driving on concrete with mfwd. Ground around here is hard when dry.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, I do bucket work in 4wd but that's why I bought a mfwd tractor. Try not to turn eith a full bucket very sharp. I think the loader is part to blame and just bad axle design. I was told they won't warranty any if it isn't balasted right. And won't sell one with out balast. Deere knows they have a problem. Just dont know of a solution yet. This is my 3rd complete axle. And 2 rebuilds all done by deere mechanics. The new one isn't 2 weeks old and already leaking oil again.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I hate to say this; but it sounds like this tractor is repeatedly rode hard and put away wet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea it's is that's why deere stands behind the axles. I use it don't abuse it at all, matter of fact it looks and every thing but front axles is great. Yea I put it up wet after washing repeatedly.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
It still sounds like it's abused to me.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
5 hours and its puking already. Sounds abused to me as I find it tough to fathom how one guy can be so unlucky with so many front axles. Maybe you need a different brand of tractor.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Very late to this thread... but, I've seen this posted before and elsewhere.

It would be very helpful for other users/buyers to have a look see at his problem.

I'd like to have a gander at what the defective axle leak, breakage looks like.

I've used my JD 110 as a machine... not a toy or yard ornament, too. Nary a problem.

Just yesterday I moved, pushed and leveled nearly 200 yards of pit-run fill for my pole barn extensions. Started at 6:00am with 2, 12-yard trucks running from the pit @ 15 minute intervals.

That tractor was "humpin"!

Not a direct "apples vs apples" comparison, I know. But, Deere knows how to build good, reliable, hard-working machines. The 4720 should be able to do 5 hours of landscaping work without blowing an axle seal!

AKfish

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Can you try a different dealership. It maybe the mechanic. Has any one checked the front tire overrun ratio?

Sent from Kev's EVO.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Something else is wrong. If it is leaking oil after 5 hours, you have a burr on the axle and it's scoring the seal. The mechanic hasn't seen enough to know it. Also, the problem may lie in the main housing which they are not going to replace unless it is broken. You need the entire unit to be replaced, not rebuilding the current damaged part.

I don't think he is abusing it, except for habitually using it with the mfwd engaged while using the loader. You don't need to unless you don't have traction. The reason for getting an mfwd tractor for loader work is because the mfwd axles are heavier and support the added weight, not because there was anything special about using mfwd. if you have to use mfwd on dry ground with the bucket full then you need more ballast on the back.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I don't think he is abusing it, except for habitually using it with the mfwd engaged while using the loader. You don't need to unless you don't have traction. The reason for getting an mfwd tractor for loader work is because the mfwd axles are heavier and support the added weight, not because there was anything special about using mfwd. if you have to use mfwd on dry ground with the bucket full then you need more ballast on the back.
I keep ballast on my rear when using the loader and it's quite noticeable when I forget to engage MFWD for loader work. I estimate that I've moved close to 1,000 tons, yes that is not a typo in the 10-years I've owned Bambi without a problem. Sam has griped on this forum and TBN about his axle woes. I find it hard to believe one man could be so unlucky with front axles that I think he's abusing his equipment. Since I haven't seen him post here and on TBN in a while I suspect he's looking for a sympathetic ear elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.