Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and looked at many threads but haven't found an answer to my question, sorry if it been answered. I am looking to purchase a trailer to tow my 1026r with loader and backhoe. One of the trailer dealers claims it's too big for a landscape trailer and I need to buy a heavy equipment trailer, claims the landscape type trailers need the weight more spread out, is this true? I prefer the landscape type trailer due to the side rails making it a little more versatile in my mind. Part 2 of question is does anyone have experience with Belmont trailers vs carry on? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have a 16' 7k# landscape trailer I haul my 1025R with. I have had no problems with it, the trailer is new, no bends or cracks. I tow my tractor weekly to mow lawns and do odd jobs with it and no problem. These tractors do not weigh that much really. I have a Kaufman trailer, I am very happy with it, working with Kaufman was easy and a very good experience. My boss was impressed with the build quality of the trailer since I had it shipped to the shop where we unloaded it. He said he will most likely call them up when he needs a new trailer because no one could beat their price.

Good Luck

Adam

003.JPG

Reactions: Ultrapile

·
Registered
709 Posts
It would depend on the landscape trailer. They come in all sizes and weight ratings. What is the trailer you are looking at?

I use a 16' tandem axle utility trailer with side rails to haul my my 1025 with the back hoe and loader installed on the tractor. With this I still have room and weight capacity to haul several implements at the same time. It is not an equipment trailer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just got a 83"x16' utility trailer with a 2' dove tail and a 3' gate 2-3500 lbs axles one break axle no problems at all with it. Wish i would of got a 18 footer though. More then enough of a trailer for my 1026. ace:usa

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
It all depends on how a trailer is made. Calling a trailer a landscape trailer or a utility trailer doesn't mean much.

I'd get a 18 or 20' trailer with 7 or 10k gross that's meant to haul wheeled equipment. With removable sides and plenty of tie down points.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Either trailer has plenty of capacity for the 1026 with loader and back hoe. You still have extra capacity for detached implements to haul with it.
:good2:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Trailer woes

As far as Belmont vs Carry-On - There are literally thousands of independent trailer manufacturers spread throughout the United States. I've heard of neither manufacturer that you mention, here in Ohio. I can tell you that you want a trailer composed of c-channel or angle iron vs box steel. Box holds moisture inside the tube and will rot out much faster than the others. You'll generally find c-channel framing in the heavier-duty trailers. Next, your tractor is going to weigh-in at about 2,300 to 2,500 lbs. If that's all you're ever going to haul, that's all the trailer you're going to need. But, for longevity, I'd chose a trailer that'll haul twice your anticipated "normal" load. Either way, make sure your trailer comes with brakes! You'll have to install a brake controller on your vehicle, but you'll appreciate them in the long run.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just bought a PJ 18' U8 (83" wide channel frame) tandem 3.5k axle utility trailer with a 2' dovetail and a 4' heavy duty ramp gate last week. I went back and forth in my mind between a car hauler model vs. a utility model. In the end I decided on the utility model simply for the fact that I will only be hauling a small tractor around (1025TLB). If I ever thought I had plans to haul a car regularly or a larger tractor, I would have gone with the more expensive car hauler and put low sides on it.

Here is a picture of a similar trailer. The only difference is mine is black rather than green and I went with a dovetail since I'll be hauling the tractor with the belly mower from time to time.

View attachment 30039

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the feedback, need to go take a good look at both models again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Wow, I feel left out. I bought my trailer way back in '93. It's 12 ft. long and 6ft.6in. wide. It only has 1 axle. Hauled all my tractors over the years including my latest (1026R). I hauled the 1026 with the loader and tiller attached and it all fit and the trailer did great. It also has a ramp rear tail gate and no brakes. Always careful when I do any hauling. Works for me. :unknown:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Check out Hudson Bros. trailers. I have a 14 foot, 5K, single axle with electric brakes and cleated ramps that has a 3500lb capacity. I used it
for my 2320 and will use it for my 1025r TLB. By my calculation the 1025r TLB is 2621lbs (1440lb tractor, 610 bh and 571 loader).
I bought it used, but there is a dealer in Middleton, NH - About Middleton Equipment Sales.
Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts