Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While going on a wild goose chase in JDParts that Ensoll sent me on, I ran across this "Anti-Drop Kit" for the 200CX loader. Question is, how does it work and what is it for? :think:

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Neat find!

It looks like two DPOCV's (double pilot operated check valves) plumbed onto the lift cylinders. The will not allow the loader to move (unless the cylinder seal is defective, or a burst hose) until a "pilot" pressure is applied to the input-it's usually set for about 600lbs or so.

Is it available in the US?

Reactions: BigJim55 and Robnik

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I agree with Kenny as to what it is, and its purpose.

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
I will PM member Dutch and ask, he is a JD salesman:good2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
without actually placing the order, the kit number came up as
a good kit, with a factory delivery of 8 sept. $320. until somebody actually
hits "create order" i can't say for sure , but usually if you can't get
something by the time i get to that screen with the delivery date it
tells you "not available". in the parts screen, it does say "France only" though.

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Thanks for the reply Dutch, glad to see you back on the forum!

That last sentence still leaves a question though, Randy will have to order it to see if it really is available.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Neat find!

It looks like two DPOCV's (double pilot operated check valves) plumbed onto the lift cylinders. The will not allow the loader to move (unless the cylinder seal is defective, or a burst hose) until a "pilot" pressure is applied to the input-it's usually set for about 600lbs or so.

Wouldn't they be able to use single pilot checks if the purpose was just to prevent lowering?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Wouldn't they be able to use single pilot checks if the purpose was just to prevent lowering?
Probably. And maybe those are? :unknown:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I wonder if they engineered a way to keep the float function?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Neat find!

Ok, I get it holds the loader up(?) and prevents it from dropping until the operator chooses to drop it with the joystick (?) .... my question is why do you need the valve kits to do this? Or perhaps, what purpose does this FUNCTION serve?

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Ok, I get it holds the loader up(?) and prevents it from dropping until the operator chooses to drop it with the joystick (?) .... my question is why do you need the valve kits to do this? Or perhaps, what purpose does this FUNCTION serve?
It would keep the loader from dropping if a hose blew...it might my required in some European countries as well. Just like in Australia it's required to have a self-leveling bucket on any new machines sold.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Man lift!

It would keep the loader from dropping if a hose blew...it might my required in some European countries as well. Just like in Australia it's required to have a self-leveling bucket on any new machines sold.
Is there a valid reason for the Aussie regulation, or is it just another case of the nanny-state protecting us from ourselves?

Reactions: Jeff B

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Is there a valid reason for the Aussie regulation, or is it just another case of the nanny-state protecting us from ourselves?
That's my guess...

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,709 Posts
Sorry to be uninformed, but what is a loader suspension?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
An air bag type system to absorb shock when transporting heavy loads on rough terrain or highway transport speed.

Here is Deere's brochure info:

Loader suspension system (LSS) to enhance the ride*

An enhancement to the loader is the suspension system. A great level of loader productivity is achieved with the LSS.

An accumulator charged with nitrogen and connected to the head-end lift cylinder hose through a T-fitting provides shock absorption. The cylinders move in and out to allow the boom to float*

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Here's what it looks like on a 200cx.

From what service told me float will still work but if you have a loader suspension it will interfere with that.

Edit: I can confirm that the float function will NOT work with this kit.
Yeah, I was trying to wrap my head around a schematic that would float a cylinder with a pilot check in the circuit??? Not saying a real hydraulic expert could not have figured it out but it did not compute with me.

Reactions: pcabe5
1 - 20 of 22 Posts