Green Tractor Talk banner

Anticipation for new 1026R

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  has15 
#1 ·
Retired last year & moved to 5 wooded acres next to a preserve. My aching back from all the tree work and general lifting convinced me I needed a small tractor. Convincing the wife was a little harder. I read every tractor forum I could find and narrowed my choices down to Kubota and John Deere. GreenTractortalk has been very helpful. I learn something from most posts because I am starting from scratch. Steep learning curve. Always wanted a tractor, but could never justify it until now. Yesterday I ordered a 1026R, FEL, MMM, Rototiller, and I-Hitch. Now if I can contain myself during the 2 week delivery wait. Like someone on the forum said, "It's like waiting for Santa Clause". Speaking of which, I think I will start a Christmas list: Ken's hooks, a heavy hitch, yellow Eagle fuel cans. Any other suggestions, Randy.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
wrong name

Sorry about the ambiguous last sentence. My name is Roger. RandyM has so many good ideas & projects that I was just throwing him a question. Roger

Discussion starter · #13 ·
ballest box

Thank all of you for the info about tipping. I planned on adding a Heavy Hitch down the road. I understand you can hang suitcase weights on it. I will put it on my Christmas wish list even though I will be buying it myself for SAFETY reasons. :mocking:The list might help prepare the ground with my wife.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Arrival

My 1036R was delivered today just in time for all the Thanksgiving guests to look at it tomorrow. Already put it to work. Hauled 3 loads of scrap wood, from redoing the deck, to the burn pile.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.