Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,880 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Worse come to worse, call in a scrapper. Sad way to go about it, considering that piece of equipment is pretty cool looking.
I'd park it out front of my place and hang my mailbox from the end of the conveyor. Nice conversation piece, if ya don't mind mowing around it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Moving metal

If the wheel/axles aren't frozen you should be able to move it but it's clearly sunk into the ground and you might have to jack it out before trying to move it. I'd guess you could heavily oil the wheel/axles, jack it up and put something like 4 x 6's under each wheel to get it moving. After that, it's a case of short move or long move. Short move- tow it. Long move, find a low boy or heavy rollback and move it that way. A roll back might be able to pull it up without jacking as the winch has some lift as well as pull.

It's an awesome piece of machinery, I hope you can get it running again. Was power from a flat belt or does it have a power unit?

Treefarmer

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
The thing was built in 1879 if I read the number plate correctly. It would have been moved by mules back in the day!

Al
I see 3/24/39.

·
Super Moderator
7,880 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts