Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 1023. I thought I read somewhere the color of the fuel cap changed on the newer models. Not that that matters, but if they did change, are there other changes I should know about that really matter?

I've done a search on this but can't find what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

Jim

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 1023. I thought I read somewhere the color of the fuel cap changed on the newer models. Not that that matters, but if they did change, are there other changes I should know about that really matter?

I've done a search on this but can't find what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

Jim
my 1023 was built in april.. yep, green fuel cap and like 56ford said there were a few minor changes from the 1st year.. The dash is a bit different I think and they all now come with the two lights on each side of the rops (one red and one yellow) vs just one yellow flashing light in the 1st year.. Maybe I'm wrong about that but I've seen lots of pics of earlier 1 series machine's with just the one yellow light on each side.. If you're getting a loader they also changed the design of the stand that it sits on when not attached to the tractor.. The original design was bending and breaking or something..

·
Registered
968 Posts
The original HP on the 1023E was 23.6 HP per the initial JD brochure and according to the Yanmar engine spec's. My guess the later years are the same. JD just derated the 1023E so the 1025R would appear more powerful. My earlier 1023E does NOT run out of power.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You might get the updated seat springs. Deere released a heavy duty spring kit (AM145323) that can be retrofitted to solve the bottoming out of the seat over rough terrain. If you get the seat (LVA19594) it already has the kit on it.

If your 1023e is manufactured after May 2012 it should have the brace on it for the hood (LVU26049). It makes it less flimsy.

Got this info from dealer when asking about latest upgrade info... he found it in his DTAC system.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You might get the updated seat springs. Deere released a heavy duty spring kit (AM145323) that can be retrofitted to solve the bottoming out of the seat over rough terrain. If you get the seat (LVA19594) it already has the kit on it.

If your 1023e is manufactured after May 2012 it should have the brace on it for the hood (LVU26049). It makes it less flimsy.

Got this info from dealer when asking about latest upgrade info... he found it in his DTAC system.
I believe the seat spring part numbers you have listed are for the 1026R and 1025R. The 1023E has a different seat.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The original HP on the 1023E was 23.6 HP per the initial JD brochure and according to the Yanmar engine spec's. My guess the later years are the same. JD just derated the 1023E so the 1025R would appear more powerful. My earlier 1023E does NOT run out of power.
Wonder if they just lowered the number on paper or if they used a different model engine?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts