Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I received my 1025R today and the mower worked just fine. I was able to take the FEL off no problem. Now after mowing I tried to put the FEL on and no luck. Any of you have problems when you first got yours and have some suggestions? Also is there a 1025R local group of owners?

Thanks

PS please no laughing.... its not funny!

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Well I received my 1025R today and the mower worked just fine. I was able to take the FEL off no problem. Now after mowing I tried to put the FEL on and no luck. Any of you have problems when you first got yours and have some suggestions? Also is there a 1025R local group of owners?

Thanks

PS please no laughing.... its not funny!
If it came off w/no problems than you should be set up to Put it back. Roll it in on center, hook your hydraulics back up and gently push the joy stick forward as you roll in. The best advice I can give you is, joy stick back when your rolling back and unhooking, and joy stick forward when your rolling forward and hooking up.

·
Registered
527 Posts
What is the problem you are having? Getting the arms connected or the hydraulic lines?:unknown:

·
Premium Member
14,923 Posts
Did you remember ,before disconnecting your hyd lines ,,, to shut the engine off, then move joystick left right, forward-backward a couple of times.
This makes reattaching easier but not always.
Even if you did , put a rag about the end of the fitting ,,I press it against the frame of the tractor or frame of fel,, anything just hard so you can press the nipple on end of hoses in and release the pressure ..

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
What is the problem you are having? Getting the arms connected or the hydraulic lines?:unknown:
What he said ^^^^^^^ . Are you having issues with hyd. lines ? As was said , cycle loader control to release pressure . Good luck and let us know . :munch:

Reactions: etcallhome and Levi

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

If it came off w/no problems than you should be set up to Put it back. Roll it in on center, hook your hydraulics back up and gently push the joy stick forward as you roll in. The best advice I can give you is, joy stick back when your rolling back and unhooking, and joy stick forward when your rolling forward and hooking up.

I think I need practice

Reactions: etcallhome and Levi

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'm kinda near you, in Bow. But I have never taken my FEL off, so I am afraid that I will be of no help. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hiya,

Sorry I didn't read this before I came back south, I drove right by 393 and could have made the detour to your place. Let me know if your still stuck on Tuesday, I can come back from the seacoast via 4 and drop by.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
getting the arms to go into place...

Getting it lined up was okay but I kept having problems when trying to connect to the tractor. (hyd was okay)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you that is very nice of you to offer

Hiya,

Sorry I didn't read this before I came back south, I drove right by 393 and could have made the detour to your place. Let me know if your still stuck on Tuesday, I can come back from the seacoast via 4 and drop by.
I got it on but I am trying to figure out the easiest way. The comments have been helpful but I think this is more practice makes perfect.

Thanks again:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Getting it lined up was okay but I kept having problems when trying to connect to the tractor. (hyd was okay)
Try to remove bucket on level surface if you can. I struggled too in the beginning. I'm repeating my self but, joy stick feathered back when you go back and forward when you go forward. It's that easy and when you get the knack you will be putting it on and off with out batting an eye! Back hoe is another story!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi USAFRet! I'm looking to buy a 1025r package to move up from lawn tractors into my first CUT. I live in Rochester NH. Would you mind sharing with me where you purchased and how much you paid? My quotes are coming in higher than what I'm seeing in discussions on here but I'm wondering if our locality just has higher prices. PM is fine if you don't want to post publicly or not at all too :)

How do you like your rig?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hi USAFRet! I'm looking to buy a 1025r package to move up from lawn tractors into my first CUT. I live in Rochester NH. Would you mind sharing with me where you purchased and how much you paid? My quotes are coming in higher than what I'm seeing in discussions on here but I'm wondering if our locality just has higher prices. PM is fine if you don't want to post publicly or not at all too :)

I am really enjoying my tractor. It is taking a little getting use to as I have never owned a real "tractor" only garden tractor but there not even close.

23K which included 1025R, FEL, MMM 54" Auto Connect and 54" snowblower with deflector cable. I got some bells and whistles... imatch, led lights, rear power take off, engine blanket, ballast box, quick disconnects for snowblower and fel. I am sure I left something off. lol. I got my in Derry and if you want send me a pm with what you have been quoted and I can send you the prices I got. (I think ours are higher here in NH... ) I got quotes from three places.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what I got

I am really enjoying my tractor. It is taking a little getting use to as I have never owned a real "tractor" only garden tractor but there not even close.

which included 1025R, FEL, MMM 54" Auto Connect and 54" snowblower with deflector cable. I got some bells and whistles... imatch, led lights, rear power take off, engine blanket, ballast box, quick disconnects for snowblower and fel. I am sure I left something off. lol. I got my in Derry and if you want send me a pm with what you have been quoted and I can send you the prices I got. (I think ours are higher here in NH... ) I got quotes from three places.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I was new to little big tractors also... I found the manual in one hand and tractor in the other was pretty handy. (Actually I used abbreviated "cheat sheets" for FEL/BH/Mower/Front Plow. Keeps rain and snow off the original manual.:laugh:

Keep whacking at it and it'll click for you after while. ALWAYS remember with hydraulic connections to shut off the engine AND cycle that joy stick around a couple times (installing/uninstalling). You'd be surprised how many times that simple step comes up here with new owners that missed it in the book

Reactions: USAFRet
1 - 17 of 17 Posts