Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Website has had an out of stock for a while and was wondering when they would be back.
Sold some stuff over the weekend and now have the funds. :laugh:

As much as i would like the Cascade 42"ers, just don't think a 1025R can use their potential.
No sense in adding more weight either.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I actually thought about getting the 36" tines myself until I read on here that they're a little hard to see out in front of you.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which set did you go with?
I also see you have a 2 series. Could that be an issue with sight of 36" tines?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Which set did you go with?
I also see you have a 2 series. Could that be an issue with sight of 36" tines?
I got the 3" x 42". I haven't used them yet. Maybe folks with the 1 series may be able to see better up front. :unknown:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Hey guys,

I don't think there is a whole lot of difference in visibility with the 36 vs 42. The 6" difference in length is reduced to about 2.5" from the view angle from the tractor seat. One person who is 6'2" might be able to see the tips of one length better than someone else who is 5'6" and vice versa.

Besides, there's a trick to setting the tips for entering a pallet.

1- Stop movement of the tractor.
2- With the forks lifted up about a foot or more, dump/curl the tips of the forks downward slightly, about 10-20 degrees below level.
3- Notch the loader into float so that the tips contact the ground.
4- With the loader still in float, curl the loader until the fork tines settle flat onto the ground. Usually you'll hear them clank down or else you'll see the tops of the shanks shimmy a little bit because they won't have any load on them. Once that happens, immediately stop curling/return the joystick back to neutral.
5- Nudge the joystick again slightly to curl the tips up an inch or two. A little practice will give you a good feel for this.
6- Proceed into the pallet.

Once you do this a few times, you'll be able to do it fairly automatically. Just be sure to always enter the pallet very slowly in case the tips need a little more adjustment.

Remember, once the tips enter the pallet, you won't be able to see them anymore anyway. At that point you have to go by feel.

FWIW, the 36" are a great all around sized tine, especially for the 1 series and even the 2 series machines. They will lift pallets just as well as the 42's.

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
Hey guys,

I don't think there is a whole lot of difference in visibility with the 36 vs 42. The 6" difference in length is reduced to about 2.5" from the view angle from the tractor seat. One person who is 6'2" might be able to see the tips of one length better than someone else who is 5'6" and vice versa.

Besides, there's a trick to setting the tips for entering a pallet.

1- Stop movement of the tractor.
2- With the forks lifted up about a foot or more, dump/curl the tips of the forks downward slightly, about 10-20 degrees below level.
3- Notch the loader into float so that the tips contact the ground.
4- With the loader still in float, curl the loader until the fork tines settle flat onto the ground. Usually you'll hear them clank down or else you'll see the tops of the shanks shimmy a little bit because they won't have any load on them. Once that happens, immediately stop curling/return the joystick back to neutral.
5- Nudge the joystick again slightly to curl the tips up an inch or two. A little practice will give you a good feel for this.
6- Proceed into the pallet.

Once you do this a few times, you'll be able to do it fairly automatically. Just be sure to always enter the pallet very slowly in case the tips need a little more adjustment.

Remember, once the tips enter the pallet, you won't be able to see them anymore anyway. At that point you have to go by feel.

FWIW, the 36" are a great all around sized tine, especially for the 1 series and even the 2 series machines. They will lift pallets just as well as the 42's.

Great info!

Very relevant when handling pallets on concrete or pavement. My problem is I typically don't have either of those anywhere around when I'm forking pallets. Working on grass and gravel requires a bit of a sixth sense when it comes to what the fork tips are doing.

In either case, I can't imagine tractor life without my Artillian forks.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Great info!

Very relevant when handling pallets on concrete or pavement. My problem is I typically don't have either of those anywhere around when I'm forking pallets. Working on grass and gravel requires a bit of a sixth sense when it comes to what the fork tips are doing.

In either case, I can't imagine tractor life without my Artillian forks.
Try curling a little faster to get the forks to make a little noise. However, if the pallet and tractor are out of plane, yes, all bets are off no matter how much you swear at it. At that point you just have to take it slow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts