Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,454 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
I searched for and couldn't locate any pages for 1 series tractors about a year ago?

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Facebook is a cesspool. I only use it for family and local community stuff. Even so, I am subjected to never ending political, nationalistic and religious propaganda. 99% of which is emotional based and devoid of actual truth.

·
Premium Member
14,862 Posts
I signed up for FB one morning ,within the first 15 minutes I knew it was not for me. Sent them a message and asked them to remove my user name because I would never be back. Guessing that was 8 yrs ago, my wife shows me something every now and then, me NOPE.

Seems like 99% is trash,

Why give the Series 1 a bad name and have it on FB.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The facebook platform is inferior to vBulletin when it comes to forums like this. Facebook is nice because it's a bit more user friendly, a bit more mobile friendly and it has millions of users. But data is lost very quickly. The ability to search is pretty much non-existent so you'd have to be glued to it 24/7 to get the kind of info you can easily find here at your own convenience.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Maybe not Facebook, but I hear there is a pretty good youtube channel dedicated to the 1-series...

·
Registered
12,454 Posts
Maybe not Facebook, but I hear there is a pretty good youtube channel dedicated to the 1-series...
yeah, i've heard that too!!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

I agree with Tim. I have not found much on Facebook for the 1 series and I'm not sure I would really use it like I do this site and youtube. To be perfectly honest, Tim's channel is one of the best ones I have found on youtube for the 1 series tractors. Lots of detailed projects, informative videos, etc. Thank you and everyone else who takes the time to make videos and do write ups, it really helps us new guys out.

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I like the YouTube channel TTWT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I'm mostly a lurker, but have learned a tremendous amount from GTT + videos from TTWT & Roy Rector. Only problem that I have with the videos is that I'm always wanting more. How's Tim's new trailer? Does Katriel like Purdue? (hubby & I are Purdue grads) Now that Katriel is busy off-site, will Christy be involved now? By watching, I feel like it's a one-sided friendship. :laugh: Spend so much time reading GTT that I feel like I've joined a cult. :lolol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,771 Posts
Spend so much time reading GTT that I feel like I've joined a cult. :lolol:
There's no going back, soon our brainwashing of you will be complete!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I'm mostly a lurker, but have learned a tremendous amount from GTT + videos from TTWT & Roy Rector. Only problem that I have with the videos is that I'm always wanting more. How's Tim's new trailer? Does Katriel like Purdue? (hubby & I are Purdue grads) Now that Katriel is busy off-site, will Christy be involved now? By watching, I feel like it's a one-sided friendship. :laugh: Spend so much time reading GTT that I feel like I've joined a cult. :lolol:
Yea, we would like to publish something more often. However, I recently lost my job unexpectedly, so I have been scrambling to find a new one.
...just about there now...have offer in hand...software development is a pretty hot field (thank God).

It takes time for us to shoot and edit videos that we are proud of. Never know when to focus on 'quantity' and when to focus on 'quality'.
Anyway, we've got some upcoming videos which should provide more insight on the questions above.

Thanks for watching our videos. Leave us a comment on youtube. ...then it won't be so 'one-sided'!

Meanwhile, we were all really happy with the recent 'rip-rap' video. ...especially when Shirley got going about who was gonna pay for her wall!
I should probably post in a new thread, but well, I've already hi-jacked this one. ...sorry Facebook!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Yea, we would like to publish something more often. However, I recently lost my job unexpectedly, so I have been scrambling to find a new one.
...just about there now...have offer in hand...software development is a pretty hot field (thank God).

It takes time for us to shoot and edit videos that we are proud of. Never know when to focus on 'quantity' and when to focus on 'quality'.
Anyway, we've got some upcoming videos which should provide more insight on the questions above.

Thanks for watching our videos. Leave us a comment on youtube. ...then it won't be so 'one-sided'!

Meanwhile, we were all really happy with the recent 'rip-rap' video. ...especially when Shirley got going about who was gonna pay for her wall!
I should probably post in a new thread, but well, I've already hi-jacked this one. ...sorry Facebook!

Tim, I'm glad you are having luck with the job.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Sorry to hear about the job situation. Been there, done that. Hoping for the best.

Watched & enjoyed the video. Interesting what Shirley said about the CS degree at Purdue. According to the Purdue site, there were BSCS degrees in 1967. However, I have the memory of being in either the first or second group of BSCS grads when hubby & I got our degrees in 1971.

'Fraid I'm not much of a writer and generally "shy" about posting, so making youtube commentaries is not my thing - even if I do enjoy reading them. Double standard, I know. To paraphrase: Programming is Easy, Writing is Hard. Feel GTT is somewhat protective of its membership, unlike Facebook - from what I've seen. Too much negativity there for my taste.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts