Green Tractor Talk banner

Any one know What is it ???

3K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Backacres 
#1 ·
I know, but do any of you guys know? :mocking:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is it soft and emits a dusty powder when you squeeze it?

#8 ·
yelp i was thinking the same thing too.

and herm-the quarter i do believe was laid there by whatever:dunno:for reference--ok...............:lol:

#4 ·
Yup, that's what I was getting at, never knew the official name, always called them puffballs as a kid. :thumbup1gif:

#6 ·
And now we know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The rest of the story :lol:

#12 ·
Spider egg sac:dunno: If it is, can of ether and an open flame and torch that sucker.

#13 ·
A whole grain roll? An ugly potato? Puffball was my first reaction, but...

#16 ·
More pictures Some say they will bring luck if you carry one :dunno:

Attachments

#17 ·
If you had posted that last picture first I would have recognized it. :laugh:

#18 ·
I'm disappointed that one of our Ohio members wouldn't have guessed that right away. :lol:

#21 ·
My wife is from Ohio, so when the Soil Conservation District offered buckeye plants we had to buy some. They took a long time before they produced any buckeyes.

#19 ·
I was going to say a pignut (real word for a nut, but it does have another name too???) or a puffball... OK gigs up but funny comments about the quarter!

#24 ·
Most of ours have three buckeyes inside. This year the largest tree did not produce many (it was the first to start producing a few years ago), the next two largest trees had branches bent from the hanging "pods"
Some we planted have only grown into small bushes and have only produced a few buckeyes.

#25 ·
well done there Zebra5---i thought to myself-now why would anyone want to sew shut a eye socket on a deer head:dunno::lol:

glad no bambis was hurt in the making of this thread:lolol:and i learned something new today--so these things come form the great state of Ohio-HUH.

#27 ·
If I would have seen this sooner I would have answered correctly. We give them away in our business. Put 'em in a basket, loose ones, but some in their pods. People not from here are always fascinated with them. I think they are just a useless nut myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.