Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not find on a search ,,anyone running chains on the front tires of a 1023-1026r tractors ??
If so are you using spacers ?

Started cutting down a set of car chains to put on the front but stopped ..wasn't sure about the front hub on the 1026r versus what the 2305 looked like.!
Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
1026R Front Chains

Could not find on a search ,,anyone running chains on the front tires of a 1023-1026r tractors ??

Started cutting down a set of car chains to put on the front but stopped ..wasn't sure about the front hub on the 1026r versus what the 2305 looked like.!
Thanks for all replies.
I run with chains up front on my 1026R and I do not use spacers. Will they hit the tie rod end? Mine do on occasion when turning sharp in either direction. I do my best to avoid turning sharp, but spacers would be better.

I remove / blow snow on some significant hills. Without chains up front, I found myself skating down the hill blower first. I only needed to do that once :flag_of_truce:.

Others in my area also use chains up front. But, I don't know if they have / use spacers.... Maybe they will chime in on this.

Cat

·
Registered
363 Posts
ET I refer you to a previous thread "Chains on front tires of 1026R" where I asked the same question.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I have run chains on the front of my 1026R. No spacers needed.
IMAG0143.JPG

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
489 Posts
Gene,

I don't use chains on any of my tires (front or rear) but my driveway is level. I have R3 tires and I suspect they provide better contact with concrete than the R4 tires.

·
Premium Member
15,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, at times depending if the temps have been above freezing , I can slide the width of the tractor when going across my drive.

Catndoo
I remove / blow snow on some significant hills. Without chains up front, I found myself skating down the hill blower first. I only needed to do that once

Cat ,did that one time, one spring morning with dew on the ground going below my house. Had the FEL on and forgot to put tractor in 4X4..
pucker factor kicks in real quick till brain kicks in to put the bucket down and get the tractor to stop.

I live on a hill side and several times over the years summer or winter (with or without chains on rear) find myself sliding down the hill ,keep forgetting to put tractor in 4X4.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,802 Posts
Reactions: etcallhome and bob

·
Registered
2,943 Posts

Thanks for all replies.
Well, I just cut down 24-10.5-12s and put them up front. 7 twisted links across and 17 cross chains. I made the chains fit tight then used spring tighteners. No issues with hitting at all. Not even close. That, and installing the blower set up on the tractor was my new Years day feat... Cool new sensor, shuts down the ROI, so you can back up w/o shutting down the PTO. Now to figure out how to use that new plug to permanently disable this silly government mandate.

Reactions: etcallhome
1 - 8 of 8 Posts