Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be purchasing my new 1025R TLB and have been looking all over the internet for an equipment hauler for her. I don't need anything heavy duty, but looking for a decent one with dual Dexter axles with electric brakes. I live in southern Massachusetts and having a difficult time finding the right trailer, I'm guessing either 14' or 16'.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the Big Tex 70CH-16. These tractors are fairly narrow so having ramps that slide to the correct width is a must in addition to the capacity. Looks like a dealer in Rockland- Trailers
That's exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks very much!

·
Registered
568 Posts
big tex trailers this is my 45ss 16' deck long,ramp great quailty and this is with a 5800# durango on it. trailer didnt mind at all and bought it new with tool box for just under 2k:greentractorride: http://www.bigtextrailers.com/45ss-tandem-axle-utility/ this is my trailer you dont have to get the same one but it should suit you needs they have anything you could want and custom.

i know i was over the weight rating but it handled it just find no sway or growning put my model D on it which is 6100lbs i know let the screaming begin lol.. if you have the time they paint it in the color of your choice as well..

happy trailer shopping

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
I have a 14' and the tractor with BH and FEL will not fit with the bucket lowered. Get a 16' minimum. I'd also recommend a beavertail on the rear deck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm guessing either 14' or 16'.

I would highly suggest looking at Corn Pro trailers. I have a 16' with ramps that store under the trailer. It has a rub rail and stake pockets all around. Sealed lights with wiring run in conduit. The feature I really chose it for is the torque link axles. NO leaf springs. Gives it a quiet, smooth ride over conventional axles. Had mine 17 years now with no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going to be purchasing my new 1025R TLB and have been looking all over the internet for an equipment hauler for her. I don't need anything heavy duty, but looking for a decent one with dual Dexter axles with electric brakes. I live in southern Massachusetts and having a difficult time finding the right trailer, I'm guessing either 14' or 16'.

I bought one from D&K Trailers in north east Nebraska. He has a guy that will deliver it for a fee. What I like about it, it will double as a dump trailer also. It has stake pockets on it so you can put on removable side boards. I bought a 6'x14' foot with tandem 3500 pound axles. He will bill to order. It handles my 1025 with the bucket and backhoe.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
View attachment 377730

This is a 20 foot car hauler with ramps stored under the dovetail. Make sure you measure the total length with the backhoe on. As you can see, 20 foot may be what you're looking for.

This is a 2017 Liberty made here in Indiana.
That trailer is more than necessary because the load is pulled too far forward and puts unnecessary weight on the tongue. It won't tow as smoothly as if the rear wheels of the tractor were actually -over- the trailer axles.

There's a Big Tex dealer in NH that's probably about a 2.5 hour drive from you that has the best prices. I drove about 3 hours or so to get there to buy mine because it was absolutely worth it.

FWIW: I don't like Car Haulers because you have to deal with slide-in ramps. Equipment trailers have fold-up rear ramps that, to me, are MUCH easier to work with. Plus, on the Big Tex, the ramps have braces built in to prevent your trailer from tail-diving when you load or unload.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That trailer is more than necessary because the load is pulled too far forward and puts unnecessary weight on the tongue. It won't tow as smoothly as if the rear wheels of the tractor were actually -over- the trailer axles.

There's a Big Tex dealer in NH that's probably about a 2.5 hour drive from you that has the best prices. I drove about 3 hours or so to get there to buy mine because it was absolutely worth it.

FWIW: I don't like Car Haulers because you have to deal with slide-in ramps. Equipment trailers have fold-up rear ramps that, to me, are MUCH easier to work with. Plus, on the Big Tex, the ramps have braces built in to prevent your trailer from tail-diving when you load or unload.
Thanks for the input, but I have scales available to know exactly how much weight is at each axle. So depending on what is connected to the rear, is where I put the rear axle on the trailer. With the air ride of the Navigator I pull it with, it's by far the smoothest pulling trailer I've ever pulled.

Not to mention I can also haul my X590 at the same time sideways with or without a rear attachment on the 1025R, so calling my trailer size more than necessary, is quite pointless.

I haul a John Deere Model A, so an equipment trailer is useless. Liberty was kind enough to send a third ramp for when I haul that tractor.

"Tail-diving" is exactly what you want when loading/unloading a 1025R with a rear attachment. The small rear tire compared to a 2 Series, causes issues when loading with an implement on the rear. I stop at the rear, and let the trailer relax, and can unload without ever touching the ground.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts

Myself I plan on going with a 16ft goose-neck trailer. I might as well go with a goose-neck Because the Nissan Titan XD's are already set up for it. I would say just find a Trailer sales of some kind. Most at least here In the Midwest will set up a trailer to your Needs. Take a Look at Tim's Trailer on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGGwW7BGQUk:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
527 Posts
This is my 16' tandem axle landscape trailer. I curl the bucket under and have to turn the backhoe to the side to close the ramp. I also installed E-track so I have plenty of tie downs where I need them.

1025Rhome.jpg

1025Rhome2.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Trailer

I have a larger tractor and used to use a trailer with ramps, which was often a frustration. I now have a tilt trailer that is 22' long. The front 6' is fixed and the back 16' tilts. It works wonderful! My friends are envious. It is probably a bit pricier than the ones are you are looking at but I think it is well worth it! Hope this helps. I believe they also make shorter ones.
His

1 - 13 of 13 Posts