Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not green but just curious if there are Walker mower guys on here?
I'm about as pro-Deere as you can get considering my paycheck depends on it. But, I acquired this thing kinda by accident and the price was right... Free 馃憤馃憤馃憤
Needed a little work but it mows like a champ.
I really like the single hand steering. You can enjoy a 馃嵒 and mow at the same time, unlike Deere zero turns.
IMG_20200402_175457.jpg IMG_20200402_175442.jpg

Premium Member
I thought you meant THIS Walker. :)

Registered
I'm just glad its a mower....

Wasn't sure where this thread was headed.

Administrator
Edited the title.

Registered
I was seriously considering a Walker a couple years ago. Planned to go test ride one but never did. I ended up buying a Ferris with the four wheel independent suspension. I do like the suspension and it mows great but I still do not like the double bar steer zero turn mowers.

Registered
I know it's not green but just curious if there are Walker mower guys on here?
I'm about as pro-Deere as you can get considering my paycheck depends on it. But, I acquired this thing kinda by accident and the price was right... Free
Needed a little work but it mows like a champ.
I really like the single hand steering. You can enjoy a and mow at the same time, unlike Deere zero turns.
View attachment 732686 View attachment 732687
Can鈥檛 believe you got that for free. All the commercial lawn care people where I live use Walkers. I鈥檝e never seen any other brand used. I looked at buying one very similar to yours, but it had over 2,000 hours on it. It had a new dealer installed engine, but they wanted ~$6,000 for it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Can鈥檛 believe you got that for free. All the commercial lawn care people where I live use Walkers. I鈥檝e never seen any other brand used. I looked at buying one very similar to yours, but it had over 2,000 hours on it. It had a new dealer installed engine, but they wanted ~$6,000 for it.
I helped my wife's company get a good deal on a new one through a friend that works at a Walker dealer. So since I saved them money on the new one they gave me this one.
It needed an impeller for the collection unit, some oil leaks fixed, and I even splurged on new tires. I think I have about $400 into it.
It's wayyyyyy overkill for my lawn but when it's 115掳 in the summer it's nice to be done mowing in like 10 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts