Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting cozy cab for 1025r just purchased, salesman said there is just 8 bolts and a quick disconnect for heater and cab can be taken off in a half hours time. WOndering if anyone has experience with taken cab on and off as I dont want to have cab for summer work. Any pictures would be great.. Also wondering how visibility is and how small cab seems when sitting in it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They look really nice and are roomy even for me (300+).

Van Wall has a new Cozy cab on a new 1026r (yes, never sold prior model, was used by Cozy cab for a demo and ended up sitting at one of the Van Wall locations) sitting on their lot in Nevada, Iowa. I have looked at several times. If you are in SW Minn, it wouldn't be that long of drive to be able to look at one.

From what I looked at, the Cozy cab is much nicer than the Curtis cab.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am looking at getting one too.

I live 5 miles from where they are made and have had the opportunity to see them at the factory. They are very very nice. My dad had a 72' jd 140 with a cozy on it and now has a curtis on an x7xx series. The curtis is nice but the cozy is a lot nicer in my opinion. If you call cozy cab ask for Tom, he is in PR and is very helpful. He told me to save the pallet that the cab comes with for summer storage. He also said that the light remount kit and the quick disconnect hose kit are no brainer add ons. The visability and fit & finish are way better than the curtis my dad has.

I'm curious what people are seeing for pricing? I tried to wrap it in on the financing of my 1025r but since it wasn't deere they wouldn't do it. Most of qoutes I got were $5000 inclds the heater. Which is the only reason I don't have one.

There was one sitting right behind my tractor when I went to pick mine up, was a little bit of a buzz kill. I think it was a city that bought it for snowblowing. See attached.

uploadfromtaptalk1412824360340.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412824382849.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412824406602.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies and pics, I did talk to Tom at the factory, he explained the same things to me as well.. He was the one that said could have it off and on in a half hour. He called my dealer directly to set up pricing and talk with them on installing. I really would like cab just wonder if its over kill for the amount I will use it snowblowing. I am sure when its -15 and windy here in SW Mn it would be worth it :) Is it fairly air tight, can the heater keep up? Wondering on cab noise as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Cozy cab for my 1025r and I love it !!! I thought about taking it off for the summer but I was limited on time and a place to store it in the summer so I took the does off and it worked great. As far as overkill if your doing any amount of snow blowing is worth the money. I especially like the fact that I don't have to dress up to use it for snow blowing.....I only wear a light jacket and I don't get all full of snow.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
That's a good looking cab but $5K??? Jeez. Not sure if I've ever been THAT cold.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
The hard cabs are very nice and at a very nice price. I would love to have any of those cabs but at the $4-5500 range just a little out of my league.
I've had a Original Cab ,with windshield, and electric wiper for going on 12 yrs. For the cost of the Original cab , with windshield, el wiper and a new heater with some parts missing, been able to play in the snow ,I mean plow or blow snow in a sweatshirt and no gloves after the first few minutes.
I've always been able to sell the old ones for around $500. I've been able to leave the cab frame on year around, I have a make shift overhead radio ,so I can leave it on the tractor year around. Same for the heater it is on the right side of tractor it stays on year around. No disconnecting wiper, cab lights, radio or heater. Just remove the windshield , doors, and unsnap the front and rear curtain. All total maybe 30 mins, yes at times you may get a little snow inside the cab and temperature will drop at times because of the wind .

For those buying the hard cabs ,,,,congratulations and I will think I need one of those and then I think of the $2-4000 more !!
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the replies and pics, I did talk to Tom at the factory, he explained the same things to me as well.. He was the one that said could have it off and on in a half hour. He called my dealer directly to set up pricing and talk with them on installing. I really would like cab just wonder if its over kill for the amount I will use it snowblowing. I am sure when its -15 and windy here in SW Mn it would be worth it :) Is it fairly air tight, can the heater keep up? Wondering on cab noise as well.
srtjrt4141, where are you at in SW MN? Maybe we should get together for a group buy! We could have an install party. Cozy doesn't give pricing, that is up to the dealers and prices have varied by $1000 between dealers.

I'm thinking the same thing, is it overkill? I will say this, don't test drive one becuase once you blow snow with a heated cab you will have fits (like I am now) until you go buy one. Another thing to mention is, have you ever seen a hard side cab (for any little tractor) for sale? If you do they are on craigslist for about $3500+. Shoot, 25+ year old cabs for my 318 were going for $1500-1700 around here, I wonder what those guys paid for them new?

I can't speak to the air tightness of the new cozy except that I sat in the one I posted a picture of, sounded like a car door shutting - solid. My dad is close to 70 now and stores his unit in a heated shop, he and my 4 year old nephew are in his curtis (with heater) without sweatshirts and my nephew falls asleep.... The only thing that is even remotely uncomfortable is the 'bounce' you get from the tires chains on the driveway. Most of the noise is from the blower and not the engine (gasser model).

For everyone down south -let me help put into perspective. Last year I was wore all of my snowmobile clothes, helmet included :thumbsdown:, to blow out the driveway in the dark. It was so cold that my 2 labs watched :munch: from the heated garage

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ended up ordering cozy cab for new 1025r, won't be in till December so others must be buying them as well. Hopefully won't get any snow or cold weather till after it arrives.. Will post some pics when it is installed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ended up ordering cozy cab for new 1025r, won't be in till December so others must be buying them as well. Hopefully won't get any snow or cold weather till after it arrives.. Will post some pics when it is installed.

Did you ever get your cab installed? I'm still drooling.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Original Tractor Cab

I put an Original Cab on my 2520 a week ago. Just couldn't afford a hard cab, the Original cost $825 plus some extra options (lights, wiper, glass windshield, hard top, etc). It's not tight but is great for breaking the wind and keeping me dry when blowing snow. It is noisy but I wear my Worktunes and don't hear much engine noise. I'd like a heater someday but so far it's just a "want" not a "need". Don't know about removing in summer yet, maybe just remove the doors. So far, I'm happy.

11746 Original Tractor Cab Hard Top Cab Enclosure Fits 2520 2720 2032R
$825.00 x 1
$825.00

·
Registered
446 Posts
I went with the Original Tractor Cab also and am very happy with it and no problems in my second year. We've had a good cold spell and more snow than normal for November, under 20 most of the time. I wear just my jeans, tennis shoes, Insulated flannel shirt and I'm comfortable. I did buy a heater for it last year and kinda forgot about it cause I couldn't figure out where to put it yet. I'm 200 lbs and six foot and have a ton of room inside. In summer I just remove the doors and leave the rest on. Here's some pics if it might help someone decide.

P1090869.JPG
P1090870.JPG
P1090872.JPG
P1090873.JPG
P1090874.JPG
P1090875.JPG
P1090876.JPG
P1090877.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
What's the overall height with the original cab installed? Will it fit under a standard 7 foot door?

·
Registered
83 Posts
What's the overall height with the original cab installed? Will it fit under a standard 7 foot door?

I'm also interested in hearing the height of this cab.

:munch:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'll measure when the sun comes up but I'm sure you need a 8' door.

Couldn't wait for the sun so I went out and measured to the top and to my surprise,
It was 79 1/2" to the top. So there is enough room with a 7' door if your door does go up
To the 7' mark.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know that the cozy is 82" from ground to top of the cab. Also just barely squeezing in a 7' garage door.

The old man has a curtis on a X724 and his clears a 7' garage door - just barely.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I went with the Original Tractor Cab also and am very happy with it and no problems in my second year. We've had a good cold spell and more snow than normal for November, under 20 most of the time. I wear just my jeans, tennis shoes, Insulated flannel shirt and I'm comfortable. I did buy a heater for it last year and kinda forgot about it cause I couldn't figure out where to put it yet. I'm 200 lbs and six foot and have a ton of room inside. In summer I just remove the doors and leave the rest on. Here's some pics if it might help someone decide.

View attachment 36301
View attachment 36302
View attachment 36303
View attachment 36304
View attachment 36305
View attachment 36306
View attachment 36307
View attachment 36308
Does this Cozy, Original, or Curtis cab allow for access for the BH w/o complete removal?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
finally got new cozy cab

My cozy cab finally came in after waiting a month and a half from when I ordered it. Winter showed up to early this year in Minnesota!! Can't wait to try it out when we get our next snow storm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
That's a seriously nice looking cab.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts