1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Man have you wondered into a mine field. Those of us that have Titan like them if you want just forks they are hard to beat. I would go with at least 42" and I went with the high backrest. I used them on my 1025R last summer now I will move them to my 2038R. I leave them on my FEL arms all the time. I have used them for moving pallets to lifting my MMM to clean it to turning the brush pile has it burns.

If if you want a base system the Artillian are very nice. They are a nice platform to other items. You can get a grapple top for them, or a front bucket scoop. They are lighter than the Titans but MORE money.

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
So...you're saying maybe I could have searched first????

Yup, you'd be right and my bad. :banghead:

Thanks for the links...
Thumper
Yup, seems to be a new thread on this about once a week, plenty of info out there with a few quick searches. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I Dealt With A Not So Knowledgeable Customer Service Rep

A couple weeks ago Titan had a sale on their grapples. I called four times with each call going to an answering machine. A CSR finally called me back. I told him that I have a 3033R with a H165 loader. I asked him if any of their grapples are JDQA (John Deere Quick Attach) compatable? He said he couldn't find the H165 loader on his list, so therefore he didn't know. He told me that I had to take all these measurements, then call him back. Wouldn't you thing that he would have transfered me to another Rep that had more experience with JD's? I'm very reluctant if at all to order something from them.

·
Administrator
17,570 Posts
A couple weeks ago Titan had a sale on their grapples. I called four times with each call going to an answering machine. A CSR finally called me back. I told him that I have a 3033R with a H165 loader. I asked him if any of their grapples are JDQA (John Deere Quick Attach) compatable? He said he couldn't find the H165 loader on his list, so therefore he didn't know. He told me that I had to take all these measurements, then call him back. Wouldn't you thing that he would have transfered me to another Rep that had more experience with JD's? I'm very reluctant if at all to order something from them.
You have to understand that they are not tractor people, they are "importers", "resellers" or "distributors".

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You have to understand that they are not tractor people, they are "importers", "resellers" or "distributors".
Are you implying they don't design or spec any of the products they sell?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Just some information on my experience with Titan.
I ordered 36" forks while they had their sale. Arrived very quickly. Look well built.
I of course didnt have my tractor yet, so I couldnt mount them up, and once it arrived, I had a couple other minor things going on so I didnt get a chance to mess with them until a few days ago.
They dont fit. The pins are too far inboard to fit the JDQA on the loader. Placing the bucket and fork frame back to back, they are 7/16" too narrow.
Now, its not a big deal to me, because I dont have an immediate need for the forks, but is frustrating.
Then again, I also know that the occasional bad part/machine/whatever gets through even the best quality control (not to say anything one way or the other about Titans), so as long as its remedied in a timely fashion, Im good.

I called Titan today, because it had been a couple days since my initial email with pictures and measurements, and I had no response.
The lady I spoke to was helpful, and after hanging on hold a couple times so she could talk to the right people, and find my initial email with pictures, they agreed that the best action was to send me a new one and a call tag for the one I have.
Their shipping being so fast, I assume Ill have it by Tuesday at the latest.

Now, all things considered, Id love to have the Artillian forks, but price is certainly a factor, and while the Artillian are awesome forks, I cant justify double the cost to save maybe 53# (including the rack) over the heavy duty Artillian frame and lightweight 36" forks. I get why people do it, as their system is great, but as with most of us, cost is a big concern.
Were the price only a couple hundred difference, Id have done it.
Had I done that, I am quite certain Id have had no fitment issues the first time around. Then again, several Titan owners dont have issues either, so maybe its just my luck, lol.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Just some information on my experience with Titan.
I ordered 36" forks while they had their sale. Arrived very quickly. Look well built.
I of course didnt have my tractor yet, so I couldnt mount them up, and once it arrived, I had a couple other minor things going on so I didnt get a chance to mess with them until a few days ago.
They dont fit. The pins are too far inboard to fit the JDQA on the loader. Placing the bucket and fork frame back to back, they are 7/16" too narrow.
Now, its not a big deal to me, because I dont have an immediate need for the forks, but is frustrating.
Then again, I also know that the occasional bad part/machine/whatever gets through even the best quality control (not to say anything one way or the other about Titans), so as long as its remedied in a timely fashion, Im good.

I called Titan today, because it had been a couple days since my initial email with pictures and measurements, and I had no response.
The lady I spoke to was helpful, and after hanging on hold a couple times so she could talk to the right people, and find my initial email with pictures, they agreed that the best action was to send me a new one and a call tag for the one I have.
Their shipping being so fast, I assume Ill have it by Tuesday at the latest.

Now, all things considered, Id love to have the Artillian forks, but price is certainly a factor, and while the Artillian are awesome forks, I cant justify double the cost to save maybe 53# (including the rack) over the heavy duty Artillian frame and lightweight 36" forks. I get why people do it, as their system is great, but as with most of us, cost is a big concern.
Were the price only a couple hundred difference, Id have done it.
Had I done that, I am quite certain Id have had no fitment issues the first time around. Then again, several Titan owners dont have issues either, so maybe its just my luck, lol.
That's too bad. Never fun to have to deal with junk like that. Could you take some pics of your bad forks and measure the center-to-center distance on the pins? I'd be interested in comparing to mine. Also, the distance to the outer edges of the plates that the pins are mounted into. I can't imagine the entire fork frame would be built wrong because that means the main crossbars would be too short. Best guess is that the pin plates got welded on too close together. Do the upper 'hooks' match up with your loader's QA brackets in width?

Rob

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have titan forks 42"

As some of the others on here have said. I just wanted to have some forks to use now and then and really didn't want to spend a lot.

After looking and discussing on here I ordered the carriage and forks 42" from titan. (well less then $400 shipped) to my door in 4 days and all I did was take them off the pallet and they went on so smooth.

My 1025 doesn't pick much weight so I don't think I am ever going to have any issues. The forks look really tough and I picked up tiller off my truck with no problems. at all.

Again I have heard a few people say that had problems but to me there a great buy and I am so glad I got them.

:usa

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Approach to Titan products

I don't have anything against Titan products but since I have heard a lot of stories I'm careful of what I buy from them. Some of the more complicated implements with hydraulics and other moving parts like a grapple, I would hesitate. However, I figured pallet forks would be safe since they are simply angle irons so I purchased Titan Pallet forks and they fit like a glove and are plenty strong solid iron. I don't have the budget to go high end on every implement so I think this is a good approach and I'm happy with the one Titan product I have.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That's too bad. Never fun to have to deal with junk like that. Could you take some pics of your bad forks and measure the center-to-center distance on the pins? I'd be interested in comparing to mine. Also, the distance to the outer edges of the plates that the pins are mounted into. I can't imagine the entire fork frame would be built wrong because that means the main crossbars would be too short. Best guess is that the pin plates got welded on too close together. Do the upper 'hooks' match up with your loader's QA brackets in width?

Rob
Nearest I can tell, the plate the pin is welded to is in the wrong spot. The frame itself is fine. I think someone either didnt use a jig to weld it, or just didnt measure quite right. They are addressing it, so Im happy. I could have fixed it myself, but cutting out all that weld would be time consuming, even with my plasma, and not what I really wanted to do considering I paid to have it right.

Dont have any good pictures available of them back to back, which reminds me I should have taken one or three, but measurements are:
Loader arms, resting, 47". Now, there is some play side to side, but not much.
Deere bucket pins, 46 7/8"
Titan frame pins, 46 1/2"

Ive read where people say the JDQA is supposed to be 46 3/4", but that seems tight, considering the bucket is wider, if only by 1/8". Id think if the Titan fork frame was 46 3/4", it would work fine, but the pins are too close together.

All that said, I still have no issues with Titan. Id buy something from them again, Id just check it as soon as I got it. I dont honestly think my situation is indicative of the standard experience, but I think it does show that if there is a problem, they will take care of it.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Nearest I can tell, the plate the pin is welded to is in the wrong spot. The frame itself is fine. I think someone either didnt use a jig to weld it, or just didnt measure quite right. They are addressing it, so Im happy. I could have fixed it myself, but cutting out all that weld would be time consuming, even with my plasma, and not what I really wanted to do considering I paid to have it right.

Dont have any good pictures available of them back to back, which reminds me I should have taken one or three, but measurements are:
Loader arms, resting, 47". Now, there is some play side to side, but not much.
Deere bucket pins, 46 7/8"
Titan frame pins, 46 1/2"
Mine measures 46 7/8" pin center-to-center. The outside width of the pin plates is 50 1/8" and the frame width where the pin plates mount is 45 3/4". Definitely sounds like they mis-welded your pin plates. Glad Titan is taking quick care of things.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received my Titan Forks last week, They Fit and Looked Great. I bought the USA made version, they sell both, but I think the 2 forks may be imported?? Possibly Just the frame is made in the USA??
They are everything I hoped for, They are Great, Forks are the most useful attachment I have bought so far.
I have never seen the artilian forks, so I can't compare them, but if someone asked I would recommend the same Titan forks I got. I had my dealer price some JD Frontier forks, but after seeing them I didn't want the loose pivoting fork style.
I went with the 42" forks. The hydraulic capacity of my 1025R at that distance will never even come close to what the forks and frame are capable of.
Artilians are lighter and offer 3" tines, That is Great because of the limits of the 1 series, (you'll never bend a 3" fork tines with a 120 loader) that is the argument I see for the Artilians, every pound counts when it's hanging 6 foot from the front wheel. Same argument applies for shorter fork tines
I would have loved to get the lighter ones from Artillian, but they were Well Over Twice the Cost after shipping.
Shipping was odd, both of the forks and the frame were shipped separate, 3 FedEx tracking numbers and they all took different routes to get to my house in Iowa from Mississippi and one fork showed up a day later than the other and frame.
Next attachment will probably be the 60" grapples they sell, or a tiller, or a cab and snow blower.... Jeez I Love My 1025, How did I get by without It

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
I bought the Titan forks for my 1025R and now use them on my 2032R (for which they are a better fit). In retrospect, I should have bought the Artillian forks for two reasons.

1. Weight. The Titan forks and frame weigh about 300lbs. Artillian makes a lighter frame fork combo (185lbs, max lift 2300lbs, which is more than the 2R can lift). In a small tractor like 1 or 2 series, the extra weight of the Titan forks means less lift capacity. It was much more noticeable in the 1025R. There was one specific thing I could lift with the bucket but not with the forks because of the extra weight.

2. The fact that the Artillian frame is a base for other attachments, like grapples, shovels, etc.

Now, just saying that I should have bought the Artillian forks doesn't mean that I would buy them if I had it to do over again, because I probably wouldn't. I should...but I wouldn't. Titan forks were 400 bucks and delivered in three days to my door. And while a grapple with diverter would be nice to have, I can't justify the price.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Also have titan forks. Love them given price vs jd or artillian. Sure the weight was nice on artillian but I have a relatively tight attachments budget due to the wife having a ticking biological clock... my only complain on the titan is my forks are NOT jd green. Close but not. Other than that. They are great. I’ve lifted my 6’5 Silverado truck bed with 4 pallets with them. Not sure of the weight and it was the maximum my 1025r would handle but it did it. I’m sure 6’5 feet out from the fork frame was a lot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Also have titan forks. Love them given price vs jd or artillian. Sure the weight was nice on artillian but I have a relatively tight attachments budget due to the wife having a ticking biological clock... my only complain on the titan is my forks are NOT jd green. Close but not. Other than that. They are great. I’ve lifted my 6’5 Silverado truck bed with 4 pallets with them. Not sure of the weight and it was the maximum my 1025r would handle but it did it. I’m sure 6’5 feet out from the fork frame was a lot...
My Titan forks are pretty close to JD green. WAY closer than the green on my King Kutter Professional tiller.

Rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts