Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the country and every time I have to make a trip to Springfield it costs me a minimum of $10 in fuel plus the tax issue so I order a lot of things through Amazon. I really like Amazon. I think they do a great job. In the past when ordering I noticed that if I picked the cheapest or free shipping choice in lieu of paying for the next choice "up" I would still get my order very fast, that is, in two or three days. Now that seems to have changed. If I pick the cheapest way Amazon waits several days to ship the order even if it was shown to be "on hand" at an Amazon distribution center. Case in point is I just ordered a Bosch Rotary Hammer on May 6th which was shown to be in stock at Amazon. They just shipped the thing yesterday, May 12th. I think that's BS. I guess from now on I'll be forced to pick a shipping choice that costs more money if I want faster service. :nunu:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
It has probably been 3 weeks since I last ordered on Amazon, but I had my order 3 days later, using free shipping. A few weeks ago, they did increase the minimum order for free shipping, from $25 to $35. Can't blame them really, and it takes no effort to spend $35!!

I'll be watching the next order I place with them, and see what happens.

·
Registered
892 Posts
My orders usually go quick too, but I'm also prime.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Was it sold by Amazon or was it another company selling on Amazon. I have had issues with sellers other than amazon taking a longer time to processes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was it sold by Amazon or was it another company selling on Amazon. I have had issues with sellers other than amazon taking a longer time to processes.

It was sold by Amazon. That is something I watch for when I order because I am aware that it can slow things down when it comes from a vendor. I just sent Amazon a complaint note. I'll see what they say.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
It was sold by Amazon. That is something I watch for when I order because I am aware that it can slow things down when it comes from a vendor. I just sent Amazon a complaint note. I'll see what they say.
One other thing I have noticed their order status system may be behind but the order it processed. I place an order and it took a couple of days to get the tracking info. When I tracked the package it had shipped out a couple days prior and was scheduled for delivery that day.

·
Premium Member
12,186 Posts
I order TONS of stuff from Amazon. Like you, I have noticed that when you pick the free shipping option that they have started to take longer to process the order, even if the item is in stock. I have a massive Amazon warehouse about 10 miles from me and used to get even free shipping items the next day. They are clearly trying to pressure us to use the next level shipping option. Note, Amazon is not the only company to do this.

The increase from $25 to $35 as the minimum for free shipping happened a while back.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Maybe they are trying to prepare or condition people for items that will be to heavy for their drones.
:laugh:

·
Registered
200 Posts
That bothers me just as much as companies charging separate shipping because its in a "separate warehouse" when it's probably another building only 50' away...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sent them this message this morning:

Selected Order Items:
Bosch RH328VC 1-1/8-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer
Comments:I'm a good Amazon customer and have been ordering for several years. I have a complaint though. I ordered this and several other things on May 6th. I know that it was "in stock" with Amazon when the order was placed so why did you wait 6 days to ship it? It would not have costs you any more to go ahead and ship it immediately. It make no sense to me and it's bad customer service IMO. This has been happening with my latest orders and didn't happen to orders of the past.

Their reply:

Hello,

I'm so sorry about the delay in the shipment of your recent orders.

I've checked with the department and they advised that there had been some technical problems in our ordering process lately and has caused delays in shipping orders.

Rest assured that this has been taken cared of by our technical department and that shipment of orders now on time.

I have forwarded your concern and comments to the appropriate department in our company. Rest assured that your comments will be taken into consideration as we continually plan for improvements on our website services.

To hopefully compensate for the inconvenience caused by this, I've issued a $10.00 promotional certificate to your Amazon.com account, which will automatically apply the next time you order an eligible item sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve our website and services.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
Ronaldo N.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I LOVE Amazon, and the response to your email is one reason why. When things don't go right, a quick note to tell them resolves the issue and usually gets you something to compensate for it. I am a 'Prime' customer, and buy tons of things from there. I hate going shopping, so Amazon makes it easy for me!

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Internet shopping is going to be the way of the future........

Maybe even the Present! I buy a ton of stuff off the net. Some of the Shipping Response Times are amazing! I've bought batteries and Flashlights that originate in China, and gotten them within a week! Alot of my purchases are from E-Bay. You really have to watch the Shipping cost. The Seller is giving up a share of the sale price to EB, but they try to make it up on inflated shipping cost! I shoulda bought Stock in UPS and Fed-Ex before the onslaught of I-net shopping. Nothing but good experiances with Amazon and M.E. Meyer Tire! ( Got two more comming in a couple days, that were just ordered yesterday)!! Thanks for the info in this thread! ~Scotty

·
Registered
206 Posts
I order a decent amount from Amazon as well.. I am not a prime member, but only when things ship from places other than Amazon main warehouses do you sometimes get delays in processing... I've never gone more than say 3 business days processing.

My biggest gripe with most internet shipping now is a lot of places ship "DHL" which of course really doesn't exist anymore. What it is, is a crazy mesh of UPS to major USPS hubs to you... So tracking is GREAT until it hits USPS, then ALL BETS ARE OFF!

My experience says that if it doesn't ship UPS, or FedEx, then there is NO telling when it'll arrive (or IF). Shipping using USPS is so miserable I'll usually pay the extra $8-12 to go with UPS ground. I know the UPS guys for our local hub sometimes use boxes as step-stools, but at least I know when it gets to that hub with tracking.

Mark my words TODAY... regulations regarding internet sales (tax) will soon be harshly enforced across the 50 states. There is a LOT of clamor over how local/state sales tax revenue's are down.
Technically if you aren't charged sales tax for your state, you are supposed to pay it at the end of the year. Yeah, how many of us DO THAT?

·
Premium Member
12,186 Posts
Maybe even the Present! I buy a ton of stuff off the net. Some of the Shipping Response Times are amazing! I've
I buy everything I can on-line. Whenever I visit a brick and mortar store I usually return home frustrated. With brick and mortar you end up getting what they HAVE. With on-line shopping you get want you WANT.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
....................................... What it is, is a crazy mesh of UPS to major USPS hubs to you... So tracking is GREAT until it hits USPS, then ALL BETS ARE OFF!

My experience says that if it doesn't ship UPS, or FedEx, then there is NO telling when it'll arrive (or IF). Shipping using USPS is so miserable I'll usually pay the extra $8-12 to go with UPS ground. I know the UPS guys for our local hub sometimes use boxes as step-stools, but at least I know when it gets to that hub with tracking.................................
You just hit on what my next gripe was going to be. I ordered something the other day from Amazon and it came from Portland, Oregon to Kansas City, Mo. (1793 miles). It was one of my "real lucky" shipping instances that was handed over from UPS to USPS :thumbsdown:. It took longer to go the last 175 miles than it did the first 1793 miles. USPS always adds days to the mix and like you said "forget about tracking" That information doesn't come around until it's in your hands.

Okay, I'm on a roll here. :lol: Here's another gripe with things that come through vendors distributing through Amazon. They print out a shipping label and then sit on the order for days. There's a tracking number that's posted but nothing happens. This just happened with a small order coming to me from the Cincinnati area. I had a USPS tracking number for two weeks with nothing happening and I finally cancelled the order. The vendor involved sent me a verification of the cancellation and then shipped the order THE NEXT DAY! :banghead: In the meantime I had reordered the same thing from "in stock" from Amazon and got it in 2 days.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't noticed any issues here. We order often as well. Has anyone tried or do you use Amazon prime?
I did the Prime thing for the trial period but found that I was getting deliveries very fast with the minimum shipping costs. THAT was in the past though. Their shipping times have changed for me in recent times. I may go back to that, I'll have to wait and see.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts