Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at Lowe's yesterday and saw this weird looking 4 wheeler sitting outside with the riding mowers. Then I noticed it has a mower deck under it. Get this, the deck is electric! No belts. The trans is driven by an electric motor too. The 12HP engine drives a generator which runs the trans, mower, or available as 7100 watts as a standby generator. Max speed is 17 MPH and it has independent front suspension. Interesting concept. Apparently Lowe's is the on;y one to carry this thing so far. They had a sticker of $2999.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I like the idea of a wheeled generator, but I am not digging the lawn mower. They are trying to be everyone's everything and the width of it and lack of suspension sucks. But then again, its only 3K......

·
Registered
287 Posts
An interesting concept. A diesel electric version for a CUT would be interesting to see and probably economical too.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Everything old is new again. I remember Willys Jeeps with PTOs, three point hitches, even generators. :thumbup1gif:

I don't like it. My gut reaction is it probably does nothing really well, but everything just well enough to be passable. I can think of better ways to spend $3,000.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wonder if you could mount an E-Z Bake Oven on the back and bake some cookies whole mowing?? I agree with the statement that is does alot of things but none of them well! I'm sticking with diesel power for now.

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
I read about this thing elsewhere, and I also read that it did have a suspension :unknown:

I am definitely intrigued by the concept, but it will have to be a proven product before I even think of spending hard earned $$$$ on it.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
That's a very interesting find! I can't say I'm going to trade the 1026R in for 4 of them anytime soon. A thought did occur to me. Can you imagine this concept, but in the size of a Rhino or Ranger? That'd be super handy on farms where electricity isn't always available. The low price makes me wonder about quality. The LA150 that came with our acerage didn't have the transmission to be a mower... Price wise their isn't much difference and the Raven is more complex.....

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
Here is their website: Raven MPV

A couple of thing. From what I read on another site, it's assembled in North Carolina, but made by a Chinese company. Also, from the comments on the youtube video, Lowes stopped carrying it. Only time will tell if this thing is any good or durable.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
You know, the more I look at this thing, the more I think that I should repower an old Cub Cadet riding mower I have (by old I mean around the same age as a round fender Deere 110). Anyone know what kind of electric motors I'd need to power the tractor drive and mower deck? I'd go with at least a 7500 watt generator. The reason it intrigues me is because I hate having internal combustion engines laying around for months and months without getting ran. Just think how this baby would work with about a 10 HP diesel engine powering the generator.

BDGW7500E 180 Amps Welding Diesel Generator with Pre Heater | eBay

I could slap one of these in it and be done with it:
Brand New 10000w 10KW Diesel Powered Generator Free SHIP to Worldwide | eBay

Or go for the gusto:
Kohler 32 5ROZ81 32 5 Kilowatt Diesel Back Up Generator Genset w Transfer Switch | eBay

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
716 Posts
"Never worry about complicated reverse or clutch pedals again" REALLY?

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
Here what was posted on the Wheel Horse Red Square site:

"I was told at my Lowe's store in the Louisville, KY area,that its been recalled for a design issue and can't be sold at this time so its not on the floor but stored in a back room until the company comes out with a fix. Something electrical is what I was told???"

·
Registered
716 Posts
Here what was posted on the Wheel Horse Red Square site:

"I was told at my Lowe's store in the Louisville, KY area,that its been recalled for a design issue and can't be sold at this time so its not on the floor but stored in a back room until the company comes out with a fix. Something electrical is what I was told???"
I would hate to get electrocuted by my lawnmower:cry:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would hate to get electrocuted by my lawnmower:cry:
I looked at one of these for sale at Lowes in Ohio. I guess two stores got one in the state and not yet one had been sold as of last weekend. Honestly I think the thing looks better in video than in person. The black looks like a flat black in person. The deck has thin metal brakets where the deck wheels attach to the deck. I guess they have been selling them in California. For the electric motor behind the deck that is mounted to the frame they sell a snorkle to add that is suppose to keep wet grass from collecting around it. Honestly I am not much for anything with the name hybrid in it as far as looks. Im thinking the salesman said the deck blade speed was 2,200 rpms when under full load mowing grass. I am sure there will be some people this may appeal to but around here I do not see it being a big seller.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts