Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f
Land Pride QH05 quick hitch
Victory EF 155 flail mower
48” sand filled lawn roller

·
Registered
792 Posts
Rather small. This one is bigger: 3 POINT HITCH DUMP BUCKET | Tractor Carry All Made by SPLIT-FIRE®

Or one of these 2: Dump Box

Guess if I put a slick bottom in this one of mine (a TSC carryall with pallet for bottom and sides attached. Back is hinged/removable.) I could have a "dump" carryall.

Would like to have one that had a dump cylinder to actually dump it. Would need power beyond or just a hand jack.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rather small. This one is bigger: 3 POINT HITCH DUMP BUCKET | Tractor Carry All Made by SPLIT-FIRE

Or one of these 2: Dump Box

Guess if I put a slick bottom in this one of mine (a TSC carryall with pallet for bottom and sides attached. Back is hinged/removable.) I could have a "dump" carryall.

Would like to have one that had a dump cylinder to actually dump it. Would need power beyond or just a hand jack.
View attachment 781397 View attachment 781398
The price on that split fire bucket is absolutely ridiculous and the ones Messicks has do not have prices on them. The Titan is a 10 cu ft box. If I was a fabricator I could turn one of my JD 80 carts into one. That would be pretty cool!

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've got a 10 cube trailer that I pull behind an old riding lawn mower. I use it to blow the wood chips into when using the chipper on the tractor.
I've got plywood sides that I put in it that raises the sides to 4ft so it holds something like 1 3/4 yards of chips at a time.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had some leftover stuff. I’m not much of a fabricator but it works.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Plant Tread

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had some leftover stuff. I’m not much of a fabricator but it works. View attachment 781442 View attachment 781443
I could make one like this with an 80 cart I have! All I need is a carry all. I like the 2x4 tool rack also. Did you just drill holes through the angle and lag them to it?

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Yeah, that’s too much. You can get a full size wagon for cheaper. With it, you can unhook it, dump into it with the tractor, hook it up, take it and dump it. For that kind of money, I would just get a wagon.

Reactions: Kbar and BigJim55

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,374 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, that’s too much. You can get a full size wagon for cheaper. With it, you can unhook it, dump into it with the tractor, hook it up, take it and dump it. For that kind of money, I would just get a wagon.
Agreed! I have a larger wagon but I like the idea of this dump carryall instead of trying to back a small wagon into a tight space to dump and also for being able to carry limbs, tools, etc. I have an 80 cart I bought a few years back that was in rough shape. The tailgate was rotted up real bad but the bed was decent. Got it for $50. Painted the bed and carriage and coated inside of the bed with truck bed liner, made a tailgate out of a piece of plywood. I used it often when I had a X5xx mower but since going to zero turns its used very little. Plus I have another 80 cart and an 18 cart that I can use as wagons. I’ll take the bed and carriage of the 80 cart I painted and attach it to a carry all (eyeballing the Pittsburgh 300ca from RK $168). Then I’ll probably take some 1x lumber and make a stake fence to make it higher and paint that yellow. May even paint the carry all green. Should be a fun little project to work on.

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f

·
Premium Member
12,776 Posts
I made one from a carryall frame and a MC519 cart View attachment 781453 View attachment 781454

Personally, I think this is the best idea, as the MC519 cart actually will dump when loaded and it dumps very well. Once you release the handle and with a little lifting effort, the cart will pivot and dump pretty easily. Plus, the cart stays on the dump position when open, because of the lift cylinder and its pivot angles.

Titan.....No thanks.......If they can't seem to get the standard FEL John Deere mounting system within the scope of their fabrication on a consistent basis, I can only imagine the quality of their cart. I have to admit, when I see the image of their product, the VERY first thought I have is "Who did they copy on this product Idea".....?? Customer support from them, forget it. Future parts, good luck.

Reactions: Yank

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes SB I understand that Titan is inferior to other attachment companies however they do have some things that are ok. Its just like shopping at Harbor freight, you have to pick and choose what you purchase. My pallet forks are titan and they fit my FEL frame perfectly. I have read about others that were not so lucky and I do understand that maybe their QC is not monitored as well as others but Im sure some of their items are ok. I have a lawn aerator coming from Titan and the reviews on it were quite well. The dump box I wouldnt expect to be able to purchase replacement parts for anyway because there isnt much on it to be replaced. If I were mowing or tilling or bush hogging etc on a large scale I would probably purchase a more quality product hence the reason I purchased a Frontier tiller and Land Pride box blade. Like most I dont have an endless bank account so I usually pick and choose where I need to buck up or down at. They offer a price point on somethings that are more reasonable for hobbyists than others. However, I think the $499 price tag is a bit steep on the dump box for what it is but I like the idea.

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Titan.....No thanks....... Customer support from them, forget it.
Have you dealt with their customer support?
I have, when I received a whacked out quick hitch. They responded very quickly, sent a return label for it immediately, and it was picked up in 3 days of receiving the return label, of which all I had to do was stick the label on the QH, and leave it in my driveway for FedEx. My money, was back in my account before they even picked up the return.

Maybe that's a one in a million experience, I don't know, but there was zero issues on returning a defective product.

I have zero issues with their forks, and pine needle rake.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Tow behind carts have their place, and I have a couple, but usually use my 318 to drag them around. The 3-point cart is handy when mowing with the 2520, easy enough to still maneuver when dodging trees, etc, and useful when picking up sticks and trash (I live on a main highway and there's plenty of crap gets thrown out of cars along the ROW). I've even used it as counterweight for the loader a couple of times, loaded with concrete blocks and suitcase weights. I kept the cart after selling my X748, one of the caster wheels had failed, and I wanted to see if I could adapt it as a collection system for the 2520 and the Powerflow. Still working on that concept.

Reactions: Yank

·
Registered
12 Posts

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f