Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone else has had the pleasure to own some of these Made in U.S.A. jeans?

They are the most comfortable, longest lasting jeans I've ever owned... and yes, the most expensive!

I purchased a pair of there flannel lined jeans about 5 years ago, and swore because of the price, and the high shipping charges I would never get another pair... that was 4 pair ago. :laugh: The first pair looks like it's got another 5 years in it. Kind of reminds me of my Deere Tractors and Energizer batteries... they keep going and going and going. :lol:

·
Administrator
17,974 Posts
I have not tried them yet, but the guys on the motorcycle forum rave about them.

·
Administrator
20,684 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not tried them yet, but the guys on the motorcycle forum rave about them.
Yep, my son ride's a motorcycle and has a pair of the cycle jeans... and swears by them.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts
I'm not sure the Duluth are Made in U.S.A. Here's a link to the site. I love the fact that they come in the "odd" sizes. My true size is 37W 29L. Impossible to find locally. DG has them. :)

Welcome to our store : Diamond Gusset Jean Co.
:yahoo:Full figure pants:thumbup1gif: and in a 29 length!
My legs aren't short but my a** is just pretty close to the ground!:lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been wearing Diamond Gusset jeans for 6-7 years now. They're pretty decent, and 100% US made. I've been happy with them. You can get odd sizes, too.
56FordGuy,

You're in Tennessee... isn't it a law to wear DG jeans down there! :laugh:

Are you close to one of their stores?

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
56FordGuy,

You're in Tennessee... isn't it a law to wear DG jeans down there! :laugh:

Are you close to one of their stores?
:laugh: No, seems like they're a bit of a secret down here as well. The last time I bought pants from them, they only had one store in Bon Aqua TN, which is basically Dickson. It's a small building with a gravel parking lot, and had a little sign out front. I live about an hour and a half from there, but work has me in the area occasionally. I heard they just opened a second store in Franklin TN. That's a little closer, but not a whole lot. I will say the folks that worked in their Bon Aqua store the last time I was there were just as friendly and helpful as they could be.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:laugh: No, seems like they're a bit of a secret down here as well. The last time I bought pants from them, they only had one store in Bon Aqua TN, which is basically Dickson. It's a small building with a gravel parking lot, and had a little sign out front. I live about an hour and a half from there, but work has me in the area occasionally. I heard they just opened a second store in Franklin TN. That's a little closer, but not a whole lot. I will say the folks that worked in their Bon Aqua store the last time I was there were just as friendly and helpful as they could be.
I wish they were closer. I don't mind paying the price for the jeans (when they are on sale), but the shipping costs are a bit stiff. If the shipping costs go any higher, I could almost drive down there from NE PA and pick them up for the same about the same in shipping cost. :lol:

I don't mind though... I feel I'm getting what I pay for which is kind of rare nowadays... I just have to save up. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you sign up for their email list, they'll send you 10-15% off coupons every so often. Seems like they send a lot of emails though, so I eventually unsubscribed.
Yea, me too. Too many emails. I just wait until sometime around Black Friday and check their site. Seems they have their best sales then... like 22% off this year. Although, I re-subscribed to see if I can win that $100 gift certificate... but I'll be un-subscribing soon. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Dave,

Thanks for the link! If they had the Regular Fit Industrial Blue with a button fly, I think I'd order a pair today. Their prices are pretty good too. Pointer Brand makes their jeans down in North Carolina, and they used to be pretty low cost, but as more people found out about them the prices have risen. I hope the same doesn't happen to DG.

To those of you who own a pair, how much do they shrink? If a 33 waist in Levi's 501 jeans gives me some room in the waist even after multiple washings, what size should I order in DG? Although, I'm guessing the Industrial Blue denim will shrink differently than the lighter weight denim.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dave,

To those of you who own a pair, how much do they shrink? If a 33 waist in Levi's 501 jeans gives me some room in the waist even after multiple washings, what size should I order in DG? Although, I'm guessing the Industrial Blue denim will shrink differently than the lighter weight denim.
Andy, I've never noticed any shrinkage with the pairs I have. I'm not sure if the Industrial Blue will shrink or not. I would call them to find out. You could also ask them about the sizing, but I bet their 33 waist would fit you like the Levi's.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts
I haven't noticed any real shrinking either. I did discover when I bought my last few pairs that I needed to buy one waist size larger...maybe they did shrink. :laugh::laugh: Yeah, that's my story. :munch::cheers:
Yeah same here with other pants, even before I try them on. Go Figure!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Can you give a link or a picture? Are these from the Duluth Trading Company?
Not to take anything away from the OP but I have 2 pairs of the Fire Hose Workpants from Duluth Trading. They too are expensive ($60 - $70). I have both the flannel lined and fleece lined and the outside temp really determines which pair I wear. I have always been a denim jeans guy but when Duluth Trading opened a store near us last year, my wife convinced me to try the Fire Hose pants. I rarely wear denim anymore when working outside. I know my wife appreciates not patching my jeans anymore and for some reason they do not seem to pick up dirt, grease and oil like denim.

Men's Flannel-lined Fire Hose 5 Pocket Jeans - Duluth Trading

Men's Fleece-lined Fire Hose Work Pants - Duluth Trading

Just my 2 cents

·
Administrator
20,684 Posts
Not to take anything away from the OP but I have 2 pairs of the Fire Hose Workpants from Duluth Trading. They too are expensive ($60 - $70). I have both the flannel lined and fleece lined and the outside temp really determines which pair I wear. I have always been a denim jeans guy but when Duluth Trading opened a store near us last year, my wife convinced me to try the Fire Hose pants. I rarely wear denim anymore when working outside. I know my wife appreciates not patching my jeans anymore and for some reason they do not seem to pick up dirt, grease and oil like denim.

Men's Flannel-lined Fire Hose 5 Pocket Jeans - Duluth Trading

Men's Fleece-lined Fire Hose Work Pants - Duluth Trading

Just my 2 cents
Thanks Lost. I was wondering if these were worth a try. Are they comfortable? I have several Carhart duck pants. They're a bit stiff and uncomfortable, especially when new. Broken in they're not too bad. I just don't want to order any more stiff pants.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts