Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever pull a plow with your Sub Compacts?
What size dirt plow would work good for a 1023e?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have to think a 12" plow would work well, I pull one with my 2wd 14hp 140 garden tractor, gota think 20 something hp diesel with more weight and 4x4 should do just fine.

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
Or you can take this approach, as long as you have a few friends........

·
Registered
498 Posts
1025r

Has no problem pulling a 14 in virgin sod. I have the Frontier but they all pull about the same.

Coulter wheel would be nice for sodbustin' but not necessary.

4WD and good weight is helpful :laugh:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Pulling a 14" plow (single or double) is not a problem.I've seen garden tractors pull a 2 bottom 12" the thing is that the pins can't be too far off the ground or you won't have ground clearance when when it is up.Most scuts have the same tires as the X5x5 and x7xx series.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who has the 2 bottom plow they fab up I seen pics of it but cant find them now but
I think it was Mike Duey maybe eh

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
583 Posts
Or you can take this approach, as long as you have a few friends........

The rows don't look to good until you get to the right hand side of the screen.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
The rows don't look to good until you get to the right hand side of the screen.:laugh:
Looks like they lined up by make.........A lot of green near the crest of the hill on the right.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Mikw Duem--u sure do a nice job. that plow behind the 140 is i believe my pick of them-it sure sets on there like it owns the 140-nice:hi: 's off to ur good work-thanks for the pics.

Reactions: TJR345 and Levi

·
Registered
754 Posts
MIKE - Steve Blunier's 2-bottom semi-mounted plow is more accurate to scale than ANY other garden tractor implement I've seen. And it plows great like the IH plow it was modeled after. All Steve's builds are first class in design and execution.

Glen's work is good too, but his 2-bottom plow is too short, too close coupled which makes it not handle trash as well when used. His articulated tractors are interesting. I haven't seen any in person but they look good in pictures.

I know Glen & Steve both appreciate each other's work as I do. I've built many attachments I use for yard work and realize the amount of planning that goes into these projects.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I play in the dirt with these guys...and have run all there tractors and plows too.
Both great guys and fabricators.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts