Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Welcome from New York!

The bracket looks like those used to display or store a Slow Moving Vehicle sign.

Reactions: North585 and PJR832

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Just noticed that you're from down under!! :good2:

I haven't mounted a fire extinguisher to my tractor, but did have one in my Jeep mounted to the roll bar. I used something like this. No reason that you couldn't do something similar on the tractor.

Be sure to post up your solution!!

Reactions: North585

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I did on the ex3200, just used the bottom 1/2 and bracket from the manual holder tube from the 2305,
Bolted on upright on rops, extinguisher slid right in.

Reactions: HomesteadJoe

·
Banned
228 Posts
I don't have one on my new tractor but the one I had on my 1020 came with a it's own holder that was made for roll bars

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi All
Welcome Mark from John In Gippsland:good2:
For those in other countries. A little background on the requirement for fire extinguishers on tractors here in Victoria Australia. It is required that all agricultural tractors, Quote"Carry fire suppression equipment: this can be a knapsack spray pump or water fire extinguisher. It must be in working order, fully charged with water and have a minimum capacity of nine litres" unquote, during the designated fire period. That is nearly 2.5 gallons US. So the problem is finding some place to carry such a large extinguisher on a SCUT ( in my case) or an MCUT (in Marks case)
The picture below shows the standard size extinguisher fitted to my 1025R This is how I carry it while mowing, the bracket is held on with 2 bolts, when the FEL and BH are installed it sits on the footplate of the BH and I remove bracket.
Regards John

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,037 Posts
I kept one in my tool box behind the seat. Then I needed the tool box for tools and such. So I just keep that extinguisher in the barn where all my equipment is kept! I really do need to get another one for the tractor!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies.
John 54 I have considered a similar solution to yours.
I have noticed there are 2 holes in the upright of the FEL which I could bolt someting to when the FEL is removed but it means fitting and unfitting the fire extinguisher every time I fit or unfit the FEL.
It is definitely an option though.
Ideally you probably want 2 fire extinguishers. A water extinguisher if you set the grass on fire and a dry powder extinguisher if the tractor where to catch fire.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi MarkMiles
What brand and model of FEL do you have ? Mine is a Burder 2400 self leveling with a 4 in 1 bucket:good2:
Regards John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi MarkMiles
What brand and model of FEL do you have ? Mine is a Burder 2400 self leveling with a 4 in 1 bucket:good2:
Regards John
I went with the standard 120R loader, mainly because it will be going on and off frequently and seemed simpler to remove.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Mine's in a Frontier document holder on the right side fender in the footwell area.

Thought I had a picture. Also used the lid to the document holder as my thermos drink holder, bolted to the top of the FEL tower within arm reach.

Ralph

1 - 13 of 13 Posts