Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sick of blowing leaves in the fall, and wondered how one of these would work?

Have a 2520 with the 62" deck.

Dealer also has a pull behind cart deal, with a motor on it, that is supposed to attach to the discharge on the deck, looks alright but $1500 or more.........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jeffery - go to Cyclonerake.com an check out their units. They make all different sizes of units to fit just about every lawn/garden, sub-compact and compact tractor.

I bought one of their units 2 years ago and use it at my place and my son's place. I'm probably mowing close to 5 acres between the two yards and picking up the leaves. It has saved me hours and hours of work. It works like charm. The collection unit is much bigger than the JD unit and it mulches the leaves too. I believe the collection bag holds something like 44 bushels. One of the best time and labor saving pieces of equipment I've ever bought. Depending on what options you get, it's less expensive than the JD unit and it's made in the USA.

I hope this helps.

Rick

Reactions: rgd

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be nice if one could utilize the PTO for the thing instead of having another gas motor to maintain and get running.

Still better than blowing leaves I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Jeffrey,

I have used the JD 14 Bushel MCS for quite a few years now and I think it is a very good unit. Have not had any trouble with belts or bags tearing from heavy grass. It also does a great job of mulching leaves pretty fine. It will really pack the material into that hopper. I agree, the tow behind units have more capacity. There is no arguing that. But for maneuverability you cant beat the hopper right on the tractor. I am also not a big fan of extra motors, but that is just a personal opinion. I like to utilize my tractor for as much as I can to get my $'s worth from it! I would definately recommend this unit!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Be nice if one could utilize the PTO for the thing instead of having another gas motor to maintain and get running.

Still better than blowing leaves I'm sure.
Jeffery - Go to the "Implement" section in this forum. There is a "Leaf Vac" thread there that has some info on a PTO powered unit.

I didn't know they made such things or I probably woudl have looked in to one of them. Over all though I'm satisfied with my Cyclone Rake and the time and work it saves me.

I needed something with more cpacity than the 19 bushel JD unit. When my big oaks drop their leaves I have a carpet of oak leaves 8" to 10" deep. Over at my son's place (he lives right in woods), they get 12"-15" deep in some places. That 44 bushel catch bag on my unit, I emptied it 15 times at my son's place this past Fall.

It looks like your selection is getting broader. Sometimes that's good, other times, not so good.

Good luck on your search.

Rick

·
Administrator
22,941 Posts
Reactions: Green Man

·
Vendor
1,542 Posts
I am sick of blowing leaves in the fall, and wondered how one of these would work?

Have a 2520 with the 62" deck.

Dealer also has a pull behind cart deal, with a motor on it, that is supposed to attach to the discharge on the deck, looks alright but $1500 or more.........
The rear bagger is useless for leaves. Far too small. It fills up in a matter of seconds.

A sizeable rear cart with mulching blower is the only way, other than a backpack flame thrower.:laugh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stay away from Trac Vac. They don't support their products and their dealer network is poor.
Cyclone Rake has excellent customer service and support.
I've had a Cyclone Rake for 5 years and still works great. I clean up leaves from 4 acres with about 80 trees.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
HIya,

I have a complete, brand new, unused MCS and Powerflow for a 2520/62d as well as a Jamesison Bryce setup/extra chute listed in the for sale section. PM me and we can talk.

Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.