Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a restaurant her called The Redrock Canyon Grill. It's a great place to eat, and they cook the best pork chops I have ever eaten, bar none...including my own. Here's the description taken from the menu:

BONE-IN PORK CHOPS*mustard crusted, sweet onion & apple compote, mashed red potatoes, seasonal vegetable 19
I have been looking for a copycat recipe, but can't find one, although there are quite a few that fit the description. Was just wondering, if anyone had eaten there and had an equivalent recipe? Acknowledged that these restaurants are only located in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
We have a restaurant her called The Redrock Canyon Grill. It's a great place to eat, and they cook the best pork chops I have ever eaten, bar none...including my own. Here's the description taken from the menu:

I have been looking for a copycat recipe, but can't find one, although there are quite a few that fit the description. Was just wondering, if anyone had eaten there and had an equivalent recipe? Acknowledged that these restaurants are only located in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
:think: well 2lanecruser---that is the first time i have ever heard of cooking or frying my pork chop in mustard-i guess they mean like maybe rolling the pork chop in mustard flour somehow:dunno:don't think i would like that-oh:unknown:

BONE-IN PORK CHOPS*mustard crusted, sweet onion & apple compote, mashed red potatoes, seasonal vegetable 19

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Something like this??

A handful of pantry ingredients + five minutes of prep = one luscious dinner. In the colder months, this recipe works equally well in a stove top grill pan.

Serves 4

TOTAL TIME: LESS THAN 15 MINS

Ingredients
4 Applegate fresh thick-cut, Applegate Natural Bone-in Pork Chops
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
Juice of ½ lemon

Instructions
Season the pork chops well with salt and pepper. Stir together the brown sugar, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Rub the mixture all over the pork chops.
Heat a grill to moderately high heat; oil the grill rack well. Grill the pork chops until deep grill marks appear, the meat is firm, and the juices run just slightly pink, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from the heat, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

I do this with chicken and I'm amazed by the number of people who hate mustard but can't get enough of the chicken. No mustard taste At all and tender. I add Louisiana wing sauce also. The biggest ingredient in mustard that people dislike is vinegar and that must flash off on the grill because you can't taste it. It does make a mess on the grill but cleans up with high heat and a bit of work.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bake chicken coated with mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce and put French onions on top, I imagine it would be a dry mustard on the chops. Has to be Colman’s mustard powder.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something like this??

A handful of pantry ingredients + five minutes of prep = one luscious dinner. In the colder months, this recipe works equally well in a stove top grill pan.

Serves 4

TOTAL TIME: LESS THAN 15 MINS

Ingredients
4 Applegate fresh thick-cut, Applegate Natural Bone-in Pork Chops
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
Juice of ½ lemon

Instructions
Season the pork chops well with salt and pepper. Stir together the brown sugar, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Rub the mixture all over the pork chops.
Heat a grill to moderately high heat; oil the grill rack well. Grill the pork chops until deep grill marks appear, the meat is firm, and the juices run just slightly pink, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from the heat, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Thank you. I'll save this. I'm going to try to duplicate the results when the weather straightens up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts