Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JD Family,
I'm looking at getting a 3pt hitch adapter for my tractor so i can hook up trailers and other fun tractor attachments. I already have a CAT 1 drawbar for my tractor so:
OPTION:
1. I found this company online ( OMNI Mfg LLC ) (Heavy Duty Draw Bar Trailer Hitch fits John Deere IMatch & other Quick Hitches - OMNI Mfg LLC ) that makes a hitch adapter w/ a 2" reciever that bolts on to a CAT 1 draw bar making it into a 3pt hitch.
Price for this one is around $65.

OPTION:
2. Heavy hitch makes a 3pt hitch with a 2" reciever ( Compact Tractor Attachments & Lawn and Garden Tractor Hitches )
Price for this one is around $199.

Does anyone have any experience working with either company and can give some insight on their quality/finish/etc. of their product?

Thanks everyone,
Travis

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have a Heavy Hitch with storage cart, a ripper and there various little hitches. Two Thumbs up on their products. Very well made and their products make my tractor work easier and more efficient. The company is very easy to deal with and they ship out right away. You will be pleased if you go with them. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
23,267 Posts
I only have experience with Heavy Hitch and have no reason to look elsewhere for products like this.

Top quality equipment - to the point I would call it "beautiful". Perfect looking smooth welds on everything and heavy powder coat finish. Owner is very responsive and quick to respond to any questions. They are also a supporting vendor here which is a plus.

Heavy Hitch forum here at GTT

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I have Omni Manufacturing's Transformer and have been EXTREMELY happy with it. I have abused the snot out of it without any issues. I would expect that all of their equipment is as good.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
I also have OMNI, but I can't remember which model. It has a suitcase weight bracket and 2 X 2 receiver. Rugged and well built. I have not heard complaints about either company.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
233 Posts

You get this from your dealer I works great

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I have the heavy hitch on my 1025. I also have the cart and combo ripper shank from heavy hitch. Either option would work and both vendors are great to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
I also have a Heavy Hitch and really like it!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have the dual weight Heavy Hitch and just ordered a front bracket from them as well. They always answer the phone to answer any questions that I have.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
good ideas!! however, why cant you just put a hitch ball on the drawbar you have on your tractor?

·
Registered
332 Posts
JD Family,
I'm looking at getting a 3pt hitch adapter for my tractor so i can hook up trailers and other fun tractor attachments. I already have a CAT 1 drawbar for my tractor so:
OPTION:
1. I found this company online ( OMNI Mfg LLC ) (Heavy Duty Draw Bar Trailer Hitch fits John Deere IMatch & other Quick Hitches - OMNI Mfg LLC ) that makes a hitch adapter w/ a 2" reciever that bolts on to a CAT 1 draw bar making it into a 3pt hitch.
Price for this one is around $65.

OPTION:
2. Heavy hitch makes a 3pt hitch with a 2" reciever ( Compact Tractor Attachments & Lawn and Garden Tractor Hitches )
Price for this one is around $199.

Does anyone have any experience working with either company and can give some insight on their quality/finish/etc. of their product?

Thanks everyone,
Travis
Travis, if you purchase a hitch from us and are not completely satisfied, we'll pay for return shipping and give you 100% refund. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
20,973 Posts
Travis, if you purchase a hitch from us and are not completely satisfied, we'll pay for return shipping and give you 100% refund. :bigthumb:
That is about the best guarantee you can find. Anywhere. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hiya,

I have the one from Deere shown earlier in the thread, bought it years ago, way before either Omni and Heavy Hitch were offering them.

If I had it to buy it over, I would have one of those but not for the iron weight part as cast iron costs way too much compared to Portland cement when you need to ballast a 3000 series and up.

·
Registered
332 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is the placement of the 2" receiver on the hitch. Many manufacturers mount the receiver below the line of the lower pins. This can cause any inserts or the hitch itself, to drag on the ground depending on the size of your tractor when the 3 point is lowered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
good ideas!! however, why cant you just put a hitch ball on the drawbar you have on your tractor?
This is what I do. I have a 16' Utility trailer with a 2 5/16" ball, and log splitter with a 2" ball. I have an extra ball for each, and just switch them out of the drawbar when needed. I can switch a ball in about a minute, so it doesn't take that long.

The log splitter isn't heavy, but I am not crazy about hooking a loaded trailer to a 3 point quick hitch when I can move my drawbar in and out as needed, based on the weight of the expected load.

·
Registered
583 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is the placement of the 2" receiver on the hitch. Many manufacturers mount the receiver below the line of the lower pins. This can cause any inserts or the hitch itself, to drag on the ground depending on the size of your tractor when the 3 point is lowered.
I'm not sure I see the problem with that. You can just raise the hitch up where you need it. The only advatage I can see to the higher reciever location would be that it is easier to see from seat of tractor, although that can be fixed by getting a drop reciever and turning it upside down making it raise instead.

I would recomend the heavy hitch so that you can put a couple weights on it. Sometime the ball will catch in the coupler and doesn't want to drop. I believe a little more weight would help with that.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I like the Heavy Hitch works well on my X595.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Can't go wrong with Heavy Hitch. I have 5 of their products and all are top notch.

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Travis,
I have been looking at the exact same hitches you linked to. I have an Omni Transformer and it is built like a tank! Unfortunately, I bought it before I bought my HF QH so the transformer is not compatible. I was thinking of taking the transformer someplace and paying to have it modified as I don't weld and don't have an angle grinder to cut it down:hide:. I have been getting by with just a TSC drawbar in the QH but would like something more stable. I mentioned this to my dear wife and she told me to just spend the $65 and buy the Omni Hitch. So I guess that's what I will do.....I better do it before her tune changes!:lol:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts