Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't quite sure where to put this because it relates to both new and vintage equipment.

I am getting an x748 and I have a Johnny Bucket Sr. and 4-way blade from my 300 series tractors that I would like to use if possible. Does anybody have real world experience with the Frame Squeezer adapter from ALZ welding? Any pros or cons?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Wasn't quite sure where to put this because it relates to both new and vintage equipment.

I am getting an x748 and I have a Johnny Bucket Sr. and 4-way blade from my 300 series tractors that I would like to use if possible. Does anybody have real world experience with the Frame Squeezer adapter from ALZ welding? Any pros or cons?
I had not heard of ALZ. One thing I noticed is that it is closed until spring because they are in Florida.

·
Administrator
20,664 Posts
ALZ Welding has a great reputation amongst his customers. They're also a long-standing supporting vendor over at our sister site, Weekend Freedom Machines. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. Definitely a top-notch outfit. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
338 Posts
A friend of mine has one on his 425 and really likes it. He uses it to run a older 54 blade on his tractor. The only thing he has said that once it is on for the season, it stays on, because it can be a little difficult to get to the bolts on the inside. If you plan use one with a johnny bucket, you may want to make sure you have quite a bit of weight because it does push the attachment out infront of the machine quite a bit.

Adam

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I had a frame squeezer on my X495 for using older attachments on that diesel tractor. Both front attachments for my 322 that had cylinders needed some hydraulic extensions due to the different location of the ports on the later X495. Mechanically the Johnny bucket SR and the front blade fit up quite well.

There is one thing that could be considered an "improvement" on the frame squeezer -- it could use a clearance hole so the 2 inch square receiver on the front of the X495 can still be accessed for a tow ball, winch, or similar...mine was solid across the front.

frame squeezer from Al Z's website gallery.JPG x495 frame squeezer top.jpg

I also had purchased a load lifter and pallet forks from AZ Welding, and they were very high quality and well made as well. Here are a couple of shots of those...

may 13, 2012 005.JPG x495 load lifter first use.jpg

You won't be disappointing with his products.

Chuck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a frame squeezer on my X495 for using older attachments on that diesel tractor. Both front attachments for my 322 that had cylinders needed some hydraulic extensions due to the different location of the ports on the later X495. Mechanically the Johnny bucket SR and the front blade fit up quite well.

There is one thing that could be considered an "improvement" on the frame squeezer -- it could use a clearance hole so the 2 inch square receiver on the front of the X495 can still be accessed for a tow ball, winch, or similar...mine was solid across the front.

View attachment 109682 View attachment 109690

I also had purchased a load lifter and pallet forks from AZ Welding, and they were very high quality and well made as well. Here are a couple of shots of those...

View attachment 109698 View attachment 109706

You won't be disappointing with his products.

Chuck
Thanks for the input. Unless I'm missing something this sounds like a no brainer. Johnny Products wants $400 for the bracket and hoses to make my JB Sr. attach to the x748, and I still wouldn't be able to use my 54" blade. Yes, if I get a snowblower someday I will have to unbolt the frame squeezer every November, but I think I can live with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts