Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new here and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the new JD2038r. I am thinking about updating from my 2305 which I love, but I am in need of a larger tractor for my tall-grass acreage. I have nothing but great experiences with the 2305, but my field area takes too long to mow now. If anyone out there has experience with the 2038r, Please let me know

SI2305

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

Nope. Nobody here has a 2038R.... Ok, just kidding. :mocking: There's a few owners here. Check out the MCUT forum and ask away there. There's a bunch of threads regarding them already. :good2:

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

As dieselshadow mentioned, there is plenty of info in the MCUT forum.

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland. Good luck getting your info, sure you will. Don't have one, but looks like a really nice tractor.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. There a quite a few of the new tractors. With the 1750$ rebate on now even I am looking at one. Just got my 1025r last July and I am very happy with it. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little background

Thanks everyone for the quick replies,

Just a little about myself....

As my user handle suggests, I live in Southern Illinois and I own a 2305. I have owned my 2305 since 2005 and have the following attachments: Loader, RFM, LX4 rough cutter, Grader Blade, Box Blade and a wicked awesome flail mower. I have used my tractor quite a lot in the last 12 years and probably pushed it farther than it was intended to go. Nonetheless, this little beloved machine punched well above its weight and has never met a task it could not do.

That being said, I have about 5-6 acres of tall grass to mow (and my wife wants me to mow it more often) so I am looking at a larger machine. I presently have my eyes on a 3033, 3039 and more recently, a 2038r. That last model might be the best tractor-for-the-money given my present circumstances. I want to be able to mow my rough acreage faster and easier on my back than my 2305 allows. The 2038r, with the added HP, larger frame and suspension seat might just fit the bill without breaking the bank, but I am not in a rush to buy and want as much user info as I can get before I purchase.

I want to thank all those who so quickly welcomed me in. I am still getting used to the format and layout and in the future I guess I will address these inquiries to the MCUT section, so thank you for putting up with misplaced threads if I do not have them in the right section.

Again, thanks for the quick replies,

SI2305

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
No worries. The staff here are pretty good. (I know some of them.) They'll steer you right and make sure you're all set for maximum GTT enjoyment. :drinks:

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Thanks everyone for the quick replies,

Just a little about myself....

As my user handle suggests, I live in Southern Illinois and I own a 2305. I have owned my 2305 since 2005 and have the following attachments: Loader, RFM, LX4 rough cutter, Grader Blade, Box Blade and a wicked awesome flail mower. I have used my tractor quite a lot in the last 12 years and probably pushed it farther than it was intended to go. Nonetheless, this little beloved machine punched well above its weight and has never met a task it could not do.

That being said, I have about 5-6 acres of tall grass to mow (and my wife wants me to mow it more often) so I am looking at a larger machine. I presently have my eyes on a 3033, 3039 and more recently, a 2038r. That last model might be the best tractor-for-the-money given my present circumstances. I want to be able to mow my rough acreage faster and easier on my back than my 2305 allows. The 2038r, with the added HP, larger frame and suspension seat might just fit the bill without breaking the bank, but I am not in a rush to buy and want as much user info as I can get before I purchase.

I want to thank all those who so quickly welcomed me in. I am still getting used to the format and layout and in the future I guess I will address these inquiries to the MCUT section, so thank you for putting up with misplaced threads if I do not have them in the right section.

Again, thanks for the quick replies,

SI2305
Hey, I know a few people with one of those, great guys. I have one too and I would search the threads as diesel shadow said. Before I joined this forum I probably read it for six months because it was the best information I could find on the new equipment. Honestly I think you would be happy with any of the three and with the new larger two series it makes for a tough decision. Welcome to GTT.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,082 Posts
Welcome to GTT SI2305.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts