Green Tractor Talk banner

Anyone have experience with this Flail mower?

840 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Susceptibility
It’s by Titan Attachments and it’s cheap. What I don’t understand is - on one hand it’s described as a finish mower but users describe how it takes down small caliper trees and brush. I thought flail mowers in general chew up scrub like a brushhog can, just a different method. Is there 2 different types of “Flail mowers?” What am I missing?
Output device Font Office equipment Musical instrument Screenshot
See less
It’s by Titan Attachments and it’s cheap. What I don’t understand is - on one hand it’s described as a finish mower but users describe how it takes down small caliper trees and brush. I thought flail mowers in general chew up scrub like a brushhog can, just a different method. Is there 2 different types of “Flail mowers?” What am I missing?
See more
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
its china...its fine

look at other options.......maybe the ditchbank one..

yep..i got one
Reactions: Devils10acres
its china...its fine

yep..i got one
See more
The weekly Titan “is this junk” thread.
No dealer support. Probably no parts. Chinese made import.
See more
Can you elaborate slightly more Dan?

its china...its fine

yep..i got one
Yes, but I understand there is a distinction between 2 different companies with a twist on the name “Titan”
There seems to have been a few items by the larger attachments company that members here say are fine for the job they need it for.
See less
Can you elaborate slightly more Dan?

its china...its fine

yep..i got one
Yes, but I understand there is a distinction between 2 different companies with a twist on the name “Titan”
There seems to have been a few items by the...
See more
With flail mowers you have a selection of "knives" or "flails". Some are just angled knife sections, others are a upside down T shape that are usually called hammers. One style works good on more grassy areas, the other works good in brushy areas.
View attachment 874305
See less
Reactions: LeoC4 and JimR
With flail mowers you have a selection of "knives" or "flails". Some are just angled knife sections, others are a upside down T shape that are usually called hammers. One style works good on more grassy areas, the other works good in brushy areas.
It’s by Titan Attachments and it’s cheap. What I don’t understand is - on one hand it’s described as a finish mower but users describe how it takes down small caliper trees and brush. I thought...
See more
Titan Attachments (palletforks.com) sells mostly import attachments through a website.
Iron Craft (formerly Titan Implement) sells through a network of dealers. They recently changed their name. They are a Tennessee based company who manufactures what they sell.
There seems to have been a few items by the larger attachments company that members here say are fine for the job they need it for.
See less
Titan Attachments (palletforks.com) sells mostly import attachments through a website.
Iron Craft (formerly Titan Implement) sells through a network of dealers. They recently changed their name. They are a Tennessee based company who manufactures what they sell.
There seems to have been a few items by the larger attachments company...
See more
Oh, ok. Then I had it wrong And backwards. I was thinking TA was the better place. I just read a letter from Frontier. My order has been canceled and a credit on my outstanding balance with JDF will show within 60 days or less.

I’m back in the market for one of these again.
See less
Oh, ok. Then I had it wrong And backwards. I was thinking TA was the better place. I just read a letter from Frontier. My order has been canceled and a credit on my outstanding balance with JDF will show within 60 days or less.

I’m back in the market for one of these again.
Iron Craft (formerly Titan Implement) sells through a network of dealers. They...
See more
Exactly. Typically you'd use Y-shaped knifes for mowing grasses and the heavier hammers for pounding saplings in to submission. The mower itself is the same. It'd be like replacing the blade on a deck mower with a cable. The deck would stay the same. You wouldn't see any difference until you looked under it.
See less
Exactly. Typically you'd use Y-shaped knifes for mowing grasses and the heavier hammers for pounding saplings in to submission. The mower itself is the same. It'd be like replacing the blade on a deck mower with a cable. The deck would stay the same. You wouldn't see any difference until you looked under it.
With flail mowers you have a selection of "knives" or "flails". Some are just angled knife sections, others are a upside down T shape...
See more
TTWT has some good videos on flail mowers. He demonstrates Maschio brand flails. Just be aware that the "week end warrior" line of Maschio flails are made in China and not Italy if that is important to you.
TTWT has some good videos on flail mowers. He demonstrates Maschio brand flails. Just be aware that the "week end warrior" line of Maschio flails are made in China and not Italy if that is important to you.
See more
I got a new Maschio 63" coming from Agfolks thanks to those videos. I have no experience with the Titan, and realize the Maschio is made in China, but hoping it has the same manufacturing requirements as their US made flails.

TractorTim seemed to think they are pretty good regardless. I wanted the best, didnt want to hope it was later.
See less
Reactions: Tractor Tim
I got a new Maschio 63" coming from Agfolks thanks to those videos. I have no experience with the Titan, and realize the Maschio is made in China, but hoping it has the same manufacturing requirements as their US made flails.

TractorTim seemed to think they are pretty good regardless. I wanted the best, didnt want to hope it was later.
TTWT has some good videos on flail mowers. He demonstrates Maschio brand flails. Just be aware that the...
See more
It is just the "weekend warrior" maschio line that is made in china. It is hard to buy a product without some china or other foreign content I just didn't like the whole thing being made in china for the premium cost. Maschio keeps it quiet and i don't think Tim realizes it is made in china either. You have the maschio name to back it up and agfolks are great to deal with too. I think it will be a nice flail for you.
It is just the "weekend warrior" maschio line that is made in china. It is hard to buy a product without some china or other foreign content I just didn't like the whole thing being made in china for the premium cost. Maschio keeps it quiet and i don't think Tim realizes it is made in china either. You have the maschio name to back it up and agfolks are great to deal with too. I think it will be a nice flail for you.
See more
I’m not thrilled about the lack of dealers near me and “if” there is readily available parts on the shelf when needed if something is from China. I’ve already witnessed long delays from other, larger Asian factories. What happens if it breaks down under warranty and then without? Shipping costs While under warranty? I think for this type of implement, it’s cost, and how it’s used I’d be better off buying from a local dealer that can work on them.
See less
Reactions: justaguy
I’m not thrilled about the lack of dealers near me and “if” there is readily available parts on the shelf when needed if something is from China. I’ve already witnessed long delays from other, larger Asian factories. What happens if it breaks down under warranty and then without? Shipping costs While under warranty? I think for this type of implement, it’s cost, and how it’s used I’d be better off buying from a local dealer that can work on them.
See more
Maschio is a worldwide company. Are you advocating for buying a Titan? If not, who else makes an offset flail thats local to most people? None that I know of. Maschio is not local to me either. Certain their parts availability and product support is better than Titan's. They have already shown great support through AgFolks and I dont even have it yet.

Like the sticker says "weekend warrior". If the thing breaks, I can wait for parts, it is an uncritical piece of equipment.
See less
Maschio is a worldwide company. Are you advocating for buying a Titan? If not, who else makes an offset flail thats local to most people? None that I know of. Maschio is not local to me either. Certain their parts availability and product support is better than Titan's. They have already shown great support through AgFolks and I dont even have it yet.

Like the sticker says "weekend warrior". If the thing breaks, I can wait for parts, it is an uncritical piece of equipment...
See more
I see your point and No, I‘ll pass on a Titan flail mower. There is more about a flail mower than say a ballast box or a snow pusher to go wrong and become a burden. However the door remains open for future consideration on other Titan deals. I’d rather buy a FM sold at Tractor Supply and pay a few hundred for their product protection plan to hedge my bet to a greater extent.

Like the sticker says "weekend warrior". If the thing breaks, I can wait for parts, it is an uncritical piece of equipment.
See less
I see your point and No, I‘ll pass on a Titan flail mower. There is more about a flail mower than say a ballast box or a snow pusher to go wrong and become a burden. However the door remains open for future consideration on other Titan deals. I’d rather buy a FM sold at Tractor Supply and pay a few hundred for their product protection plan to hedge my bet to a greater extent.
Maschio is a worldwide company. Are you advocating for...
See more
Yes, it is made in China, by a Maschio owned facility. I didn’t know that until recently.
It is STILL much higher quality than most. The attention to design detail is second to none.
Well worth the extra $$ in my opinion.

Tim
See less
Yes, it is made in China, by a Maschio owned facility. I didn’t know that until recently.
It is STILL much higher quality than most. The attention to design detail is second to none.
Well worth the extra $$ in my opinion.

Tim
It is just the "weekend warrior" maschio line that is made in china. It is hard to buy a product without some china or other foreign content I just didn't like the whole thing being made in china for the premium cost...
See more
The frontier RT1273 are branded Mascios made in China as well.
See more
Still not a hydraulic offset ditch flail.

Bought a frontier tiller last year, it was a Maschio painted green. Quality is superb.
Still not a hydraulic offset ditch flail.

Bought a frontier tiller last year, it was a Maschio painted green. Quality is superb.
See more
1 - 17 of 17 Posts