Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,020 Posts
Interesting.
Got a better picture? Larger?

I've made a couple things with horseshoe. These are the only pictures I have and I gave away the cowboy roping a steer...

Cowboy2_1.jpg _ Cowboyroper4.jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cowboy is especially cool! I wish I had a better pic. I'm not looking for an exact replica. Just the ball shaped cage with the band of horseshoes around it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Interesting.
Got a better picture? Larger?

I've made a couple things with horseshoe. These are the only pictures I have and I gave away the cowboy roping a steer...

View attachment 372289 _ View attachment 372297
Wow! I knew from some of the posts that Babycakes is very creative/artistic, but had no idea you were talented like that. Very cool! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Size and budget?
Good question. Size. Somewhere between 18"-24" diameter. Whatever works in the horseshoes without any needing to be cut in half. Budget? Hell, I dunno. $350? 500? Depends I suppose if its a light, or if its art!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I made a couple "gongs" out of old fire extinguishers way back as well. This one was for my kid's aunt back when we were just friends and not related. :laugh:

DSC00095Medium.jpg

The one I made my sister ended up sold with the house and I don't have any pics of it. I did a lot of experimental stuff on that and it had a flame-bent 3/4" piece of rebar as a "clover" on top of it above the pivot point. Was pretty neat looking and sounded good.

I'm actually getting ready to make tables out of some dealer sample wheels I got about a decade ago but never could get the Mrs. to sew up the surrounds (where the tire would go) for me. Now I can do it myself, and the economy is better so there's hope of actually making a couple bucks off them. The wheels don't have bolt patterns drilled into them, so they can't be mounted to a car. I've got some wild looking "funky" fabric for them. One piece is blue and black shag tiger stripes. :lol: I'm going to call them "big pimpin tables". Should be able to sell them to the college crowd or someone my age with a sense of humor.

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I made a couple "gongs" out of old fire extinguishers way back as well. This one was for my kid's aunt back when we were just friends and not related. :laugh:

View attachment 372961

The one I made my sister ended up sold with the house and I don't have any pics of it. I did a lot of experimental stuff on that and it had a flame-bent 3/4" piece of rebar as a "clover" on top of it above the pivot point. Was pretty neat looking and sounded good.

I'm actually getting ready to make tables out of some dealer sample wheels I got about a decade ago but never could get the Mrs. to sew up the surrounds (where the tire would go) for me. Now I can do it myself, and the economy is better so there's hope of actually making a couple bucks off them. The wheels don't have bolt patterns drilled into them, so they can't be mounted to a car. I've got some wild looking "funky" fabric for them. One piece is blue and black shag tiger stripes. :lol: I'm going to call them "big pimpin tables". Should be able to sell them to the college crowd or someone my age with a sense of humor.

View attachment 372969

View attachment 372977

View attachment 372985
Those would make a killer coffee table for a house with industrial decor. Just slap a larger round of glass on top. Would be great in a man cave, too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts