Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about Marlin and wondered if anyone has heard from him. He hasn't signed in since late May. I hope he is OK. Of course, he may be taking a break.

Registered
I have been thinking about Marlin and wondered if anyone has heard from him. He hasn't signed in since late May. I hope he is OK. Of course, he may be taking a break.
Don, I have his personal contact information including email, phone, address. I will reach out to him and let you know what I find out.....I inquired about 3 weeks ago here on GTT and didn't hear anything. I will now try his email first and if that doesn't work, I will try other contact means.......

Registered
Worst case ,I'll swing by His place..He's about 10 minutes away.

Was on Vacation last I saw of one of His posts, perhaps their still traveling..

Registered
Worst case ,I'll swing by His place..He's about 10 minutes away.

Was on Vacation last I saw of one of His posts, perhaps their still traveling..
It's been 24 hours and no response to the emails I sent to his personal address......Just wanted to update everyone following this. I will check my ammo shipment labels from him because I am pretty sure his phone number is on there.....

Registered
Drove by and saw 1 truck in the driveway...... Hes up a long driveway and I wasn't headed in un announced but could see from the pavement one truck was there. Seems like He has a couple and a car. I'm guessing He's traveling .

Registered
Drove by and saw 1 truck in the driveway...... Hes up a long driveway and I wasn't headed in un announced but could see from the pavement one truck was there. Seems like He has a couple and a car. I'm guessing He's traveling .
With a screen name like Marlin, I don't know that I would show up unannounced either.

:snipersmilie: :creep:

Registered
Hope you are right

I hope he's just off visiting/traveling and having fun with no time for GTT at the moment.

You are a good person to check on him but not intrude.

Treefarmer

Registered
I hope he's just off visiting/traveling and having fun with no time for GTT at the moment.

You are a good person to check on him but not intrude.

Treefarmer

I'm not gonna stalk Him fer sure.
I enjoy my little piece of reality as dose He I'm sure
I'll do another driveby this week and see if there are changes.
I know He has local family..so He should be fine.

If someone gets other info & He needs a hand...PM me & I'll be on it.

I'm still thinking He's just enjoying life elsewhere on the planet...

Premium Member

Registered

Registered
At this point, our best option is for the Duke to stop by his house as he has been there before and I believe, the Duke even did some work for Marlin on his pole barn. He has been past Marlin's house at least twice I know of. There were vehicles there and activity but not sure who it was........

I have tried other means to contact him, via his personal email, etc. and I never heard back. That is very unlike Marlin, so it makes me quite concerned.......He always responded to email before, usually within a couple of hours.

I just send a short email telling him we are concerned since we haven't seen him online now in some time and would appreciate a reply. Lets see what happens......

The phone number I have for him no longer works. It was for his Gun Business, but when I call it now, I get a recording which says "Please state your name and Global Voice will try to connect you", whatever that means.......

I mailed a card back when this thread started and never heard back. I am 99% on his address and I even confirmed it with the Duke. I didn't get the card back.

I also have to admit that since I know his actual name, I have been checking the local obituaries in his area. I have not found anything to indicate he has passed away.......(thankfully...) but with his health issues, its not an unreasonable concern.......

I know his street address and actual name and have searched other data bases looking for information and haven't found anything out of the ordinary.....

Sure hope he is OK and just busy with other things...............

Registered
I have a job about a mile up the Hill from Him on Thursdayish.

Went by yesterday but couldn't get a good look as there were all sorts of Sunday drivers all around me And had the Bridezilla in tow...she likes me to pay attention to what i'm doing....:banghead:

Perhaps I'll stop by with the work truck as He will reconize it.....
I've lost His phone# or I'd surely call it first.

I'll contact SB with findings as He is a Master at typing and making sense...Yet another gift I'm not blessed with.

Registered
Sadly, I never got a response to my personal email sent directly to Marlin's personal, non GTT email account, asking for him to contact me and explaining that we were concerned about him here on GTT and just wanted to check in on him.

Also, I sent him something in the snail mail the same day, which he has had plenty of time to receive by now and I have heard nothing. I sincerely hope he is doing well.

Unfortunately, I don't think that is the case as its not like him to not respond as he and I have had many conversations, in fact, he even forwarded his personal medical records to me post surgery to ask me to review them and share my thoughts about the physicians comments. So it's not like he doesn't trust me or that we haven't had personal communication on highly confidential issues.

Looking forward to see what The Duke finds out when he stops by. Us Pilgrim's want to make sure one our friends is OK.......:good2:

Contact me anytime, Duke. Send me a PM with your findings and we will figure out the next step.Thanks for your personal effort, interest and taking the time to check on Marlin. We sincerely appreciate your time and effort and genuine concern for Marlin...........SB

Registered
Any update?:dunno:
The Duke would be our best bet, "Pilgrim"

as he has stopped by and pulled in the Marlin's driveway. I will leave it up to him to share his most recent activity.

Also, I want the Duke to know that I got his PM and I am not ignoring you. I just haven't had a chance to get into a phone call, with the several hour time difference, etc. Perhaps soon........about the time I start to catch my breath, another issue seems to surface.....

In the meantime, he is our best bet for updated information. I expect Dan will respond to this thread as he is much better at paying attention to the details than am I..............

1 - 20 of 28 Posts