Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy I work with who was diagnosed with diabetes probably 1.5 - 2 years back. To help with his betes (as he calls it) he got on some Keto diet. (I think that's the diet plan he says he's on)

One thing he does is bring one of those rectangle cartons of bone broth in everyday and drinks it. He swears it helps with his health. Upon looking this up online it appears that drinking bone broth has become a popular health fad.

Anyone here drink this stuff? If so what do you think about it?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
It won't help anything if it isn't real. You really need to make it yourself so it doesn't have a bunch of crap in it. I would go to the butcher shop and ask for soup bones (any flavor you like- beef, lamb, maybe even goat. I like beef and i just get mine whenever I take a cow to the butcher.). Its easy to toss them in the crock pot with some celery, water, and carrots and a little salt and let it all cook for about 18 hours. strain it, put it in jars and refrigerate until you want to warm it up and eat/drink it.

I usually just make a batch, and then take it and add stew meat, carrots, potatoes, and some spices and let it all cook for about 8 hours and make stew and eat that over the course of a few days, and then do it again in a couple months. :fed:

Edit: and yes it is very good for you. Gives you good minerals and nutrients that are not common in normal food, and gives your gut balance. You don't have to drink it all the time- just listen to your body and let it tell you what it wants.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Never drank bone broth, but growing up, when my folks made tomato rice soup (every Sunday in the winter) we allways grabbed the bone and dug out the marrow to put on bread with butter. Mmmm mmmm mm good, and I guess was good for us

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Bone broth is excellent and everyone concerned about good nutrition should read up on it. The Ketogenic Nutrition Plan is top shelf for making your body healthy and lose weight. I was a diabetic for 10-12 years and am completely off of all med's. ! :yahoo:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah we've always used bones to cook with, but I was more talking about buying it to use as a day supplement. Kind of like people take vitamins everyday or what have you.

Bone broth is excellent and everyone concerned about good nutrition should read up on it. The Ketogenic Nutrition Plan is top shelf for making your body healthy and lose weight. I was a diabetic for 10-12 years and am completely off of all med's. ! :yahoo:
Hey that's awesome! Congrats!

I know Adam says he's type 2. He says that doctors tell him that type 2 is not reversible/cureable but the doctor he's started seeing thinks it is with proper diet/excerise and health practices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts