Registered
5,429 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
I have the sound muted so I didn't hear anything said, but, the blond woman near the end of the video looked like she really "liked" the shotgun response. The look she gave him was NOT like the others whom he surprised by shooting their golf balls, well, at least shooting AT them. It looked like he could have turned her response into a date if he wasn't careful.:laugh:

The one guy looked like he was going to wack the guy shooting with the driver. That is probably not the best approach.........

I used to skeet shoot all of the time. One of my favorite guns was the .12ga Benelli Legacy over and under. But the 4 major shoulder surgeries and having my collar bone disconnected on one end doesn't permit the repeated pounding. At first I switched to a .28 gauge Winchester pump I have but that is such a nice gun and in original condition, I shoot it very little now.

People are always thinking up something to make into a You Tube or other video.........

·
Premium Member
4,873 Posts
I have the sound muted so I didn't hear anything said, but, the blond woman near the end of the video looked like she really "liked" the shotgun response. The look she gave him was NOT like the others whom he surprised by shooting their golf balls, well, at least shooting AT them. It looked like he could have turned her response into a date if he wasn't careful.:laugh:

The one guy looked like he was going to wack the guy shooting with the driver. That is probably not the best approach.........

I used to skeet shoot all of the time. One of my favorite guns was the .12ga Benelli Legacy over and under. But the 4 major shoulder surgeries and having my collar bone disconnected on one end doesn't permit the repeated pounding.
At first I switched to a .28 gauge Winchester pump I have but that is such a nice gun and in original condition, I shoot it very little now.
People are always thinking up something to make into a You Tube or other video.........
My heart jumped a bit when I read that; I automatically assumed it was a Model 12. I have 12 gauge two barrel set and a recently acquired 20 gauge. A 16, the rare 28 gauge and 410's would be nice additions. One of the best and most aesthetically pleasing shot guns ever made (although I do like the old Remington model 32).

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,679 Posts
That might actually make golf worth doing.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
When I read the Skeet shooting I thought we were going to go on to Snipe hunting until I saw the video! I don't know where I saw that before but that first guy with his WTF face, funny stuff, I wonder how many balls he actually took out ? I'm surprised he didn't get a law suit against him for knocking out that guys hearing, he looked like a sissy for sure.! Thanks Bill, made my morning coffee wake up even better!

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts

I used to skeet shoot all of the time. One of my favorite guns was the .12ga Benelli Legacy over and under. But the 4 major shoulder surgeries and having my collar bone disconnected on one end doesn't permit the repeated pounding. At first I switched to a .28 gauge Winchester pump I have but that is such a nice gun and in original condition, I shoot it very little now.

Don't know if that would be all that bad! If she didn't even flinch, well.......... The other chick, must be a librarian... :mocking:

·
Registered
365 Posts
My father did something sorta like that.

There was a skeet tournament going on at our local gun store. We went out there and to look at the guns and maybe get some time on the pistol range. The owner of the gun store was a bit apprehensive but dad and I purchased a lot from him and ate many dinners at their restaurant. So he said sure, just stay out of the way.

My dad and I went out to the range and set up some targets and readied our pistols. Now there was one of the stations for the skeet shooters was next to where you stand to shoot pistols.

Things seemed to go pretty good. Then old pops pulled out his much loved .44 Mag. The chrome Dirty Harry model with the long barrel. He has several different ones, don't remember the make. We had been to a gun show and dad picked up some super hot loaded .44's with black powder. So of course he loaded them up and touched one off. It was a huge black cloud then a bone shaking ka-boom. The dude with the shot gun damn near dropped his gun. The look he and others gave me was the signal that we just wore out our welcome. Dad of course, was grinning ear to ear and his pretty shinny gun was now black as coal.

isaac

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Kaboom

My father did something sorta like that.

There was a skeet tournament going on at our local gun store. We went out there and to look at the guns and maybe get some time on the pistol range. The owner of the gun store was a bit apprehensive but dad and I purchased a lot from him and ate many dinners at their restaurant. So he said sure, just stay out of the way.

My dad and I went out to the range and set up some targets and readied our pistols. Now there was one of the stations for the skeet shooters was next to where you stand to shoot pistols.

Things seemed to go pretty good. Then old pops pulled out his much loved .44 Mag. The chrome Dirty Harry model with the long barrel. He has several different ones, don't remember the make. We had been to a gun show and dad picked up some super hot loaded .44's with black powder. So of course he loaded them up and touched one off. It was a huge black cloud then a bone shaking ka-boom. The dude with the shot gun damn near dropped his gun. The look he and others gave me was the signal that we just wore out our welcome. Dad of course, was grinning ear to ear and his pretty shinny gun was now black as coal.

isaac
I also committed a range faux pas. On my one and only trip to shoot pistol silhouette I didn't bother to work up target loads. I had been shooting groundhogs with my .357 and knew the drop pretty well out to 100 yards. As I recall, they were 125 grain hollow points and worked really well on a ground hog. What I didn't realize was that everyone else was shooting mild target loads. Of course when I touched off the first one, everyone turned around to see what the heck was that. Oops. My score reflected how I practiced. Not great on the chickens at close range and better the further out I went. I didn't need precision to shoot a ground hog at 25 yards as all I had to do was hit center of the mass and he was done. Dang little chickens, however gave me trouble.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Hiya,

I got similar looks the one time I shot a round of trap with a .410 Contender pistol and broke 19 birds, I was not so politely "asked" never to show up with that again....

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Should have asked for lessons

Hiya,

I got similar looks the one time I shot a round of trap with a .410 Contender pistol and broke 19 birds, I was not so politely "asked" never to show up with that again....
Dang, you might have embarrassed them. If you could hit 19 with a .410, I would have asked for lessons never mind the Contender. That's really good shooting.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Hiya,

Ya, it was a one time thing, I doubt I could break 3 now. Back in the late '80's early '90's I was shooting the national action pistol matches (The Masters, Second Chance etc.) so I was shooting thousands of rounds a week for practice and in matches. (Thankfully I had a sponsorship that sent ammo my way)

I'm sure I was given a few calls for a chipped bird from others on the line just to poke at the head of the trap league who was one of those guys that would rub his Perazzi in their faces.

Tom

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Now I know why my golf game is so bad. I forgot to put my shotgun in the bag.:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts