Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an item I'm interested in buying on eBay. Because of its size, it's local pickup only as the seller has no interest in dealing with trying to ship it.

I'm wondering if there's anyone that might be in that area, or that travels to that area, that would be open to helping me get it purchased and then shipped via Greyhound to CT (it's probably the only shot I have of being able to make this in any way cost-effective).

Unless someone from the Eastern PA or MD area might be taking a road trip there and wants to bring it back with them (and I could arrange to pick up directly from you)?

Any takers? :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Go to Florida on vacation, and you’ll come back on probation...or so the saying goes:laugh:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
My In Laws live there but they are here in Minnesota till September. Not sure that it would help waiting that long.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
There's an item I'm interested in buying on eBay. Because of its size, it's local pickup only as the seller has no interest in dealing with trying to ship it.

I'm wondering if there's anyone that might be in that area, or that travels to that area, that would be open to helping me get it purchased and then shipped via Greyhound to CT (it's probably the only shot I have of being able to make this in any way cost-effective).

Unless someone from the Eastern PA or MD area might be taking a road trip there and wants to bring it back with them (and I could arrange to pick up directly from you)?

Any takers? :)
I already took my once a yr road trip. :hide:my wife says i only can have one trip per yr:banghead:

i wished i could go-as i love a good road trip just sight seeing:pickup::shift:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My In Laws live there but they are here in Minnesota till September. Not sure that it would help waiting that long.
I don't have plans to be back in that "rough" vicinity until early November. And, even then, I'm over an hour away. So, September might actually work. lol

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I don't have plans to be back in that "rough" vicinity until early November. And, even then, I'm over an hour away. So, September might actually work. lol
I can talk to my Father in Law if it works out for you. I am not sure when they are heading out for sure. Normally they wait until after my Daughter's birthday on Sept 10.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can talk to my Father in Law if it works out for you. I am not sure when they are heading out for sure. Normally they wait until after my Daughter's birthday on Sept 10.
Thanks. I'll keep it in mind if I don't find another course.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update...

I am still looking to make this happen. There's a chance I will be in the So Fl area in either November or early December, but that would still have me a couple of hours away.

My goal would be to find someone that would be willing to pick it up, package it, and drop it off with a shipper (I actually may have found a way to do this through FedEx, so more places available for drop off). It isn't terribly big, but it probably won't fit in a car trunk (a van, SUV, or truck would be easier to pick it up and transport it) and it's on the heavier side (probably weighs around 40-50 lbs).

Let me know what might work out on your side if anyone thinks they can help.

·
Administrator
17,131 Posts
Update...

I am still looking to make this happen. There's a chance I will be in the So Fl area in either November or early December, but that would still have me a couple of hours away.

My goal would be to find someone that would be willing to pick it up, package it, and drop it off with a shipper (I actually may have found a way to do this through FedEx, so more places available for drop off). It isn't terribly big, but it probably won't fit in a car trunk (a van, SUV, or truck would be easier to pick it up and transport it) and it's on the heavier side (probably weighs around 40-50 lbs).

Let me know what might work out on your side if anyone thinks they can help.
Umm,,,did you read this post just above yours?

You still need assistance in Lakeland? Let me know I am close and can help

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
My In-laws where there for a couple days. They had just gotten there and there was a death in the family so they had to turn around and fly back.

I think they go back down next week. I can ask my FIL or I will be down there for a few weeks this winter around the holidays. While he has a big pickup, that stays up here in MN. They do have a small SUV if it might fit in there.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Umm,,,did you read this post just above yours?
Yes, and that's why I responded as I did. More details about what assistance I need since multiple people had mentioned that they might be able to to help...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My In-laws where there for a couple days. They had just gotten there and there was a death in the family so they had to turn around and fly back.

I think they go back down next week. I can ask my FIL or I will be down there for a few weeks this winter around the holidays. While he has a big pickup, that stays up here in MN. They do have a small SUV if it might fit in there.
Thank you. It will fit in an SUV of pretty much any size... Just the trunk of many cars.

Let me know once you know more...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updating to mention that Orlando would work as well. Seller has a number of items that he picks up from Disney and is there a few times per week. Could meet at Disney Springs easily enough as there's a lot of parking and such available and it's a pretty busy public place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts