Green Tractor Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone in the upstate NY area want to trade a 60" deck (yours) for a 54" deck (mine)?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  @ndre 
#1 ·
Anyone in the upstate NY area want to trade a 60" deck (yours) for a 54" deck (mine)?

I got the 54" autoconnect deck because I was concerned with scalloping. But I live in the middle of nowhere and I realized I don't really give a $@$@#. :)

The 60" would let me reach a bit farther past my driveway (the slope there is too much to side-hill mow).

I've seen posts by people who have the 60" deck and regret it for various reasons and want the 54. Well, I have the opposite problem! My deck is in good condition, just what you'd expect after a season of mowing in a rural area. Yours must be in good shape as well (scratches etc. underneath don't bother me) and must be autoconnect. Since the 60" deck costs a bit more I'd be willing to kick in a couple of hundred bucks if yours is in as good shape as mine.

#3 ·
Have you tried calling the 2 Main John Deere dealer chain stores here in Upstate NY to ask them about swapping out your deck? Land Pro - Cazenovia being the 2 main John Deere Dealers with several stores in Upstate NY. I am in the reverse situation as you. I have a 54" deck needing a 48" deck because my path to the back yard is just wide enough for the 54" yet the sides rub on concrete. Both stores said when they find a 48" deck they will do an even swap because the 54" is work more money. Which I don't care I just don't want to rub the sides of deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.