An Orchard model!

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
20,310 Posts
Probably... but I doubt that sky-high forward-canted ROPS would be very orchard friendly.
Ha! Cut the guy some slack. It’s a mini model! :good2:

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
See they went with the expensive front weight bracket, that lifts and angles......:laugh::lol:

Never seen that done before........solely for a front weight bracket........

That's a Grape Vineyard machine in our area and the spray set up really indicates it, they have the front spray arms positioned right to spray at the base of the plants to kill all the weeds in the vineyard plant rows. Plus the "Super ROPS" won't be a problem in the grapes, like it would be in the Orchard.......

We have a lot of vineyards and orchards in our area (I have 90 acres of white grapes in my backyard, 400 feet from the house which I am reminded of as the crop duster buzzes my house....), in fact, many of the very collectible old orchard tractors were manufactured by small companies which operated in our area at one time. Often, the first thing which was stripped from the machines over their lives were the fenders which making finding the machines with the fenders in tact even harder. Even today, you see fenders for various machines come up for sale when the old farms are being cleaned out and the fenders are discovered stuffed in the recesses of the barns.........

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Why not just get a 1025?

Seems like a lot of money for that.

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not just get a 1025?

Seems like a lot of money for that.
A 1025 is only 5-inches narrower, would still require the fender skirts and isn't available with R1 tires. It's also possible a 1-series 3PH can't handle that big sprayer on the back. Just guess'n of course. :)

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
A 1025 is only 5-inches narrower, would still require the fender skirts and isn't available with R1 tires. It's also possible a 1-series 3PH can't handle that big sprayer on the back. Just guess'n of course. :)
Ah. You are probably right about the 3pt. If i remember correct the 1025= 681, 2025g3= 881; and the 2032/38= right under 1400 plus I believe a cat 1 3pt

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah. You are probably right about the 3pt. If i remember correct the 1025= 681, 2025g3= 881; and the 2032/38= right under 1400 plus I believe a cat 1 3pt
Keep in mind this orchard tractor is a GEN-1 2032R.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
See they went with the expensive front weight bracket, that lifts and angles......:laugh::lol:

Never seen that done before........solely for a front weight bracket........

It also has the spray boom attached, so I'm sure they use it to adjust height for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts