Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These came with a H120 loader kit, but are not shown in the installation manual.

Dave

IMAG0168.jpg

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:good2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Could they be for shipping a loader and the dealer forgot to remove em? or forgot to toss em away?

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
Could they be for shipping a loader and the dealer forgot to remove em? or forgot to toss em away?
No. They were a interim stand "fix". There was several flavors of loader stands and the second generation included these feet to prevent interference with the mower gearbox during mower installation. If you have the 3rd gen stand these feet are not needed.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At first, I thought that maybe they were skids for under the back of the loader, but it was obvious that they would not work there as that would prevent the bucket from dumping. I had not thought about them possibly being used on the stand.

Dave

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like those feet. Will need to find the Deere part number and order a set.

You can have these as I have no need for them.

Dave

·
Registered
588 Posts
As others have said they where added to the 2nd generation H120 parking stand only to help clear the MMM gear box, they should not be used on the 1st or 3rd gen parking stands. Being that the 3rd gen stand has a much different profile than the 2nd gen, the add on feet would not be flat to the ground if used.

Attachments

Reactions: Gizmo2 and ddinham

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess now the question is do I have a second generation stand. This is supposed to be a 2012 model H120. Does anyone know how to determine which generation this is???? It seems to work fine without the mower deck installed. I have no intention of using it without removing the mower deck.

Dave

·
Registered
588 Posts
I guess now the question is do I have a second generation stand. This is supposed to be a 2012 model H120. Does anyone know how to determine which generation this is???? It seems to work fine without the mower deck installed. I have no intention of using it without removing the mower deck.

Dave
The first pic is the 2nd gen stand and the 1st gen is very similar, the last pic is the 3rd gen stand.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As others have said they where added to the 2nd generation H120 parking stand only to help clear the MMM gear box, they should not be used on the 1st or 3rd gen parking stands. Being that the 3rd gen stand has a much different profile than the 2nd gen, the add on feet would not be flat to the ground if used.

My parking stand looks just like this, so obviously I do not have the latest stand. It does rub against the front mounting bracket and I had to take the weight bracket off when installing the loader. I searched the forum for H120 loader issues and after considerable time viewing them, it appears that I need to visit my dealer regarding the stand and also the SCV replacement, which I was already aware of. Maybe the new stand would let me use the weight bracket again.

I really appreciate the sharing of information on this forum. Thanks to all who share. I see no need to participate in any other tractor forum.

Dave

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
My parking stand looks just like this, so obviously I do not have the latest stand. It does rub against the front mounting bracket and I had to take the weight bracket off when installing the loader. I searched the forum for H120 loader issues and after considerable time viewing them, it appears that I need to visit my dealer regarding the stand and also the SCV replacement, which I was already aware of. Maybe the new stand would let me use the weight bracket again.

I really appreciate the sharing of information on this forum. Thanks to all who share. I see no need to participate in any other tractor forum.

Dave
With the 3rd gen stand and a little grinding the weight bracket can stay in place with the loader.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts