Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot change this setting in diagnostic mode on my 2038r? I can change the RIO setting 021 no problem, but not 025. I'd like to not have a small stainless steel bolt jammed in the connector jumping terminals anymore. Kind of hard running my skid winch if I have to be in the seat :banghead:

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 3.41.51 PM.png

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the technical manual and I followed the procedure for disabling the RIO without issue last year. The problem is I can’t seem to access ICC 025 which is the seat switch. It’s there, and I can scroll to it, but no matter how I press the hazard switch in sequence to select the number to disable, nothing happens. I’m thinking this might be permanently locked out somewhere deeper in the computer, or the only way to access this might be through the JD performance monitor :dunno:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would someone with a 2032/2038r attempt to access 025 please? Let me know if you have trouble

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cannot change this setting in diagnostic mode on my 2038r? I can change the RIO setting 021 no problem, but not 025. I'd like to not have a small stainless steel bolt jammed in the connector jumping terminals anymore. Kind of hard running my skid winch if I have to be in the seat :banghead:

View attachment 679072
That variable only shows the current status of the switch, I dont think you can force it to stay one way or another.

I messed with this on my 2032r and noticed when I left the seat the varible changed,thus tied direct to the switch.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts

I think you want to run the logging winch while not in the seat? I run mine by setting the parking brake and then hitting PTO switch, and I'm in business.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That variable only shows the current status of the switch, I dont think you can force it to stay one way or another.

I messed with this on my 2032r and noticed when I left the seat the varible changed,thus tied direct to the switch.
YES! Ahhh, I see now. This is labeled “status” and RIO is labeled “data input”. Got it, thanks!!

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you want to run the logging winch while not in the seat? I run mine by setting the parking brake and then hitting PTO switch, and I'm in business.
As soon as I get off the seat when the PTO is engaged, the tractor shuts off. It’s ok, my work around is a SS bolt jumping the terminals. Looks like I’ll leave the bolt in when using the winch. I wonder why your 2032r doesn’t shut down?? Love my Krpan. How do you like your Farmi? I’m super impressed with the capabilities of this little winch.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Get out of your seat, set the parking brake and then energize the pto. If that doesn't work undo your seat jumper and try it, plug the seat back in, it might need to be open condition for pto overide.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Get out of your seat, set the parking brake and then energize the pto.
That works. You can also start the pto while on the seat and then hold down the pto button while you exit the seat and it will keep running as long as it is neutral and the parking brake is set.

Reactions: goat704!

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get out of your seat, set the parking brake and then energize the pto. If that doesn't work undo your seat jumper and try it, plug the seat back in, it might need to be open condition for pto overide.
Bingo ! Thanks guys ! Oh, and yes, I did read the manual... some of you might relate to my memory recall issues due to feeling the affects of starting the age challenge.

Reactions: glc
1 - 11 of 11 Posts