Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these months ago and tossed them under my work bench. Pulled them out the other day to use and ahh, I wanted hooks. :banghead: . . . . I can't use these and what's more I don't recognized the end pieces. Anyone . . . . ?:unknown:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
I bought these months ago and tossed them under my work bench. Pulled them out the other day to use and ahh, I wanted hooks. :banghead: . . . . I can't use these and what's more I don't recognized the end pieces. Anyone . . . . ?:unknown:
Marlin ; I think them type straps are used in dry vans to hold freight in place while in transport, the walls of the trailer have rails bolted with slots where u insert the ends, I have never had the straps to use but somewhere I worked had bars, no they was square like bars that we used to hold the freight in place with them type hooks in them. maybe u could return them or exchange them for the different ones. good luck Big Jim

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,138 Posts
E-track straps that attach to floor or wall mounted tracks. For cargo control.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I see some people use e-tracks to tie down their vehicles...seems most of the pictures I see with them use the over the tire straps.

How strong can these systems be...would you use them to tie down your tractor? I think I saw a similar system the may be a little stronger but dont remember the name now.

Edit" http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/category/VersaTie this is the alternative I was thinking of...still dont know how strong they are

·
Registered
23,048 Posts
As said above they are for e-tracks. But they are only to be used in a horizontal orientation. Notice in the link that Doug provided above - all the descriptions say "horizontal". They are made to attach to the walls of enclosed trailers. Our mail trailers were all outfitted with e-track on each side wall from front to back (2 rows each) - used an e-track strap every 10' to hold the rolling carts in place in the trailer. I would never use them on the floor of a trailer to tie equipment down. I've been able to pull the end of an e-trak strap out of the track by simply cranking down too much on the ratchet strap.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My family runs a moving company. I grew up with those kind straps. Used to hold the rows of the load in place. Walls had rows of horizontal slots for the straps. Also had aluminum beams with those connectors. Used to make a platform.

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well these are going back to HomeDepot if they'll take them. Now I recall seeing these in moving trucks, horizontal strappinng to keep loads from shifting during transit I suppose.

Thanks . . . . :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yup. E-Track. Save them and get some E-Track to tie down your JD when trailering.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ordered three sets of these for some of our emergency equipment. Impressed doesn't begin to describe them. We use the E-Track ends and they hold a Polaris Ranger 6x6 with a Fire Skid Package, two golf carts and I have seen a video of them suspending a Truck and Trailer upside down. Well worth the investment from a USA made company. He does custom sizes too and I will order a set for my 1025r when I own a trailer.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I put a length of E-track down the middle of my double wide quad trailer to give me a place to tie down to without crossing all the way over. I've seen it as well on high end enclosed trailers for hauling collector cars and race cars.

·
Registered
482 Posts
They must be using some special e track to haul all the nice cars etc. On a semi van trailer I would not trust it to hold more than my lunch box. It hold fine until large force is applied then it pulls out.

If you are in a accident with e track holding your tractor it will fail. Take them back.

·
Registered
23,048 Posts
They must be using some special e track to haul all the nice cars etc. On a semi van trailer I would not trust it to hold more than my lunch box. It hold fine until large force is applied then it pulls out.

If you are in a accident with e track holding your tractor it will fail. Take them back.
Yep - my experience as well as noted above.

·
Registered
747 Posts

I noticed when I bought mine that there were different models with different ratings. Not sure what you were using but the anchors I bought had a 2000# working load rating and the trac was good for 6000#. Not enough for my overweight 5500# Jeep but plenty good for a lightweight race car, quad or subcompact tractor. I bounced my quad trailer down some nasty rough washboard roads and trails and never had one pop off.

With the way they lock in I could see them start to have a sloppy fit over time and then pop loose. I used mine 4-5 times a year for 3 years before selling it but they still looked like new.

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Home DePot wouldn't take them back, not there's. I can't use them. There about $15ea. I'm thinking half price plus $12 shipping if somebody wants them. Send me a personal message.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts