Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this part in the mud after 30 minutes of moving a pile of manure into our newly built compost bins. Anyone recognize if this is a part of my 1025r that fell off? Thanks!

IMG_5150.jpg IMG_5148.jpg

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am going to venture that it is not from your tractor as if I am correctly looking at it, that is particle board wood. There are no wood parts that I am aware of.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's aluminum with a black coating. It reminds me of a block used to hold a metal line or rod in place...

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Looks to me like it is steel. I owned a 1026R for 4 years & had it tore apart a couple of time doing mods, but I never saw anything on it that looked like that. That is from some type of clamp.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It's definitely aluminum. Not steel. Or wood.

Since the brake linkage fell off the tractor, the 4WD decal was adhered in the wrong direction and I discovered a bolt spacer hanging out next to the bolt it was supposed to be on, I'm beginning to think my tractor was built on a Friday afternoon. Finding a part in the mud wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Reactions: Levi

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,361 Posts
I'll have to remember to check mine out tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Yeah, that's a thingamajig. Everyone knows that...:hide:

Seriously, did you look at your hydraulic hard lines? May be a clamp to hold them in place. I don't remember specifically, but there are some clamps on the hard lines. I've slept a few times since I owned a 1 Series though.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Almost looks like a bicycle seat clamp except that the stepped areas are straight/flat, and not in a radius or arc.

·
Registered
474 Posts
That sir is a hold down block for use on a milling machine or a machine with Tee-Slots for securing work pieces. Here is a complete set....

hold-down-kit.jpg

Reactions: lynn225 and bob

·
Registered
503 Posts
Or could it be for the Diff Lock pedal? Does not look like one of Ken's but sorta similar.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
That sir is a hold down block for use on a milling machine or a machine with Tee-Slots for securing work pieces. Here is a complete set....

View attachment 215329
Those clamps are medium carbon steel hardened to 50Rc. I think the op stated this piece was aluminum. The serrations are similar but V channel, it looks like it is intended to prevent a round object from rotating.

Reactions: OldmanX

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talked to the one of the techs at my dealer. He said it looked a bit like a hydraulic line clamp, but not from a 1025r. He said all the 1025r hose/line clamps are polymer. He didn't know what it was.

While I still don't know what this part is, I at least know that it's likely not part of my tractor. Thanks for everyone's help!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Those clamps are medium carbon steel hardened to 50Rc. I think the op stated this piece was aluminum. The serrations are similar but V channel, it looks like it is intended to prevent a round object from rotating.
So you're saying I'm wrong???? :nunu:

I didn't catch the aluminum part, oh well, not the first time I was wrong...today :laugh:

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
So you're saying I'm wrong???? :nunu:

I didn't catch the aluminum part, oh well, not the first time I was wrong...today :laugh:
It was YOUR turn... I was already wrong about three times this week.:banghead:

Reactions: BBarn

·
Registered
320 Posts
ALL of you

are wrong and I am right!! Just ask my wife and she will tell you I am always right!:good2:

That part my friends is none other than a "FUBAR" clamp. Cause when the part it was holding breaks the rest of the upper assembly will be Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition !!:lol:

Steve

·
Registered
114 Posts
I kinda agree with Mr BBarn. It looks like a self centering "V" block for drill press, woodworking machine etc.
The hole might be where the track bar attach

1 - 16 of 16 Posts