Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
I think it would work just fine-the 2520 has the same PTO HP of the older tractors they where made to work with. I have no clue about the iMatch-but I doubt it would work without some modifications.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Hey Jeffery, Can we see it? Can we, can we, can we?

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
183 Posts
It won't work with the iMatch but it's so easy to take off the iMatch frame when you need the 501 it's isn't critical. Yes, the 501 will work fine with the 2520. You might want some weight on the front if you don't have a loader.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Took 3 or 4 years, but finally got one.
WOW! What a surprise. I like it Jeffery, I didn't give up on ya. And who said it wouldn't work with a quick hitch? :yahoo:

What is the bar length?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW! What a surprise. I like it Jeffery, I didn't give up on ya. And who said it wouldn't work with a quick hitch? :yahoo:

What is the bar length?

It's a 6' bar. Tractor handles it fine (although I wish it had duals on it ;) )

I do need to clearance a bit more by the right rear tire, it hits sometimes when backing up as the hitch sways. I've already adjusted the sway blocks as tight as they will go.

Few minutes with the plasma cutter, and I will be mowing again tonight.

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
Jeff,

What do you figure that 501 weighs? Looks great! I could use one a few times a year around here.

Good luck with it!

Frank

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeff,

What do you figure that 501 weighs? Looks great! I could use one a few times a year around here.

Good luck with it!

Frank

Not sure what it weighs, probably 300lbs guessing. I had the tractor and it leaned over pretty good in the ditches I was mowing yesterday and it was fine, weight is a bit offset as you can imagine.

Gave $350 for it, cheap addition I recommend if you can find one. Took me some time to find a deal. Wish I had got it sooner, my weed eating skillz did not need anymore perfecting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not sure what it weighs, probably 300lbs guessing. I had the tractor and it leaned over pretty good in the ditches I was mowing yesterday and it was fine, weight is a bit offset as you can imagine.

Gave $350 for it, cheap addition I recommend if you can find one. Took me some time to find a deal. Wish I had got it sooner, my weed eating skillz did not need anymore perfecting.
Oh no! Wrong color, but I'll give you $360 so you can get it off the back of that beautiful green tractor. and save you any more embarrassment!!!

(Just 'cause I'm a nice guy and like to do things out of the goodness of my heart....)

Okay, on a serious note, that is a very nice setup. I've been looking for a sickle mower for my 2032, and I'll definitely be watching for that model. Weed eating around the ponds is really getting old!

Thanks for sharing.

GGB

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Hey Jeffery, any chance we can see some action shots? :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
13,544 Posts
Jeffery, sure looks good, what u done. I have a 2520 and bought a no.9 sickle bar 3pt mower, but my project is still in the garage, yet to be mounted. so my hat's off to u :hi:for a good job and of course some pics of it. thanks and good luck. big jim

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Hiya,

People up here in the North East are on crack and think that sickle bar cutters are made of gold, rusty ones that need a truckload of work go for $1000-1500+ on CL.

Frank, seeing I like spending your money for you, Orchard Hill in Belchertown has a Massey for $750 and a Ford for $1350. When you get one, swing by the house with it so you can show me how good it works on my ditches.... :thumbup1gif:

Tom

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
Hiya,

People up here in the North East are on crack and think that sickle bar cutters are made of gold, rusty ones that need a truckload of work go for $1000-1500+ on CL.

Frank, seeing I like spending your money for you, Orchard Hill in Belchertown has a Massey for $750 and a Ford for $1350. When you get one, swing by the house with it so you can show me how good it works on my ditches.... :thumbup1gif:

Tom
Tom,

10-4. No problem. I'll be happy to help out when I get caught up on my end. Like anything else, there are likes, wants and needs. I think the sickle bar cutter falls somewhere between likes and wants.

I was going to spring for a new tiller before I got the bug for a new motorcycle and then that 366 blade came along!! :banghead:

Reactions: DRobinson
1 - 14 of 14 Posts