Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Land Pride FDR 1660 last week. Trying to set it up to use with my quick hitch, I tried to follow the directions on page 13 of the manual but I am missing some bolt holes that they speak of. Anyone able to help?

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
Victory EF135 flail mower

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
Can you provide some better photos of the top-link and lower pin areas on the mower? That is the business end that the quick hitch needs to mate with.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you provide some better photos of the top-link and lower pin areas on the mower? That is the business end that the quick hitch needs to mate with.

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Sorry I can't help you but I just wanted to say I have done most of my mowing with a Landpride AT2572 since 92 and have been very happy with it. I see yours is a rear discharge unit I wish mine was. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
Are you saying it won't attach to the quick hitch? All the links seem to be in the correct position. Where specifically does the problem seem to be?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Cannot help and I searched in vain for the solution recently. I had a 60" Land Pride disc harrow that I wanted to use with my iMatch. I installed the bushings, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to completely attach. It was extremely frustrating. I sold it instead. I don't want anything that doesn't easily attach as it completely defeats the purpose of the iMatch.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you saying it won't attach to the quick hitch? All the links seem to be in the correct position. Where specifically does the problem seem to be?
Sorry, I should have explained better. It will attach to the quick hitch but because the lower links float I can’t pick it up off the ground. The manual says that the lower links should be mounted in two holes above the floating holes but my unit doesn’t have the 2 holes shown in the manual, newer units do. There is a sticker on the deck that says quick hitch system so I’m assuming it is QH compatible. I have the links bolted right right now so they can’t flex but if left line this I’m sure it will affect the cut of the mower on uneven ground. With the links allowed to move they rest in an angled down position and are too low to hook up to the QH without someone backing up the tractor while someone holds them up to fit into the QH arms. Was curious if someone had same model as I do and also is using a QH and how they set it up to work properly.

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
Sorry, I should have explained better. It will attach to the quick hitch but because the lower links float I can’t pick it up off the ground. The manual says that the lower links should be mounted in two holes above the floating holes but my unit doesn’t have the 2 holes shown in the manual, newer units do. There is a sticker on the deck that says quick hitch system so I’m assuming it is QH compatible. I have the links bolted right right now so they can’t flex but if left line this I’m sure it will affect the cut of the mower on uneven ground. With the links allowed to move they rest in an angled down position and are too low to hook up to the QH without someone backing up the tractor while someone holds them up to fit into the QH arms. Was curious if someone had same model as I do and also is using a QH and how they set it up to work properly.
Below is the section of the manual which explains the mounting position. A quickie work around would be to tighten both of the clevis link bolts tight which would prevent the arms from moving. According to the manual they only move if you back off the nut slightly. You could even go so far as to snug up the bolt in the slotted hole, attach to the quick hitch and then loosen slightly again.

Another fairly simple option would be to drill two new holes on each side right above the floating mount points. You could then attach as described in the manual.

FDR1660.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Below is the section of the manual which explains the mounting position. A quickie work around would be to tighten both of the clevis link bolts tight which would prevent the arms from moving. According to the manual they only move if you back off the nut slightly. You could even go so far as to snug up the bolt in the slotted hole, attach to the quick hitch and then loosen slightly again.

Another fairly simple option would be to drill two new holes on each side right above the floating mount points. You could then attach as described in the manual.

View attachment 591642
I just wonder why the older models did not have those two holes already but say they are QH compatible. I wish I had the original manual for it to see how they suggest to set the clevis arms up for a QH. I think I’m going to move the arms in as class as they go towards the finish mowers, the arms won’t be able to rotate as much and maybe that will work? I’m guessing if the arms were bolted solid the rotation of the top link would let it move enough for uneven terrain?

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
I’m guessing if the arms were bolted solid the rotation of the top link would let it move enough for uneven terrain?
It sounds like with the quick hitch they rely on the 3PH movement for float. I would try it both ways. You can easily snug up the bolt to allow you to get hooked up and then loosen it again. That will let you test it both ways.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It sounds like with the quick hitch they rely on the 3PH movement for float. I would try it both ways. You can easily snug up the bolt to allow you to get hooked up and then loosen it again. That will let you test it both ways.
To get the 3ph to float is there anything special I need to do or is it just set up to automatically float when down?

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
To get the 3ph to float is there anything special I need to do or is it just set up to automatically float when down?
The only thing I can think of is to open up your rate of drop valve. With no down pressure the 3PH will allow the implement to raise up as needed.

I have a feeling you are going to get better floating by using the movable links on the mower. You'll also notice that a lot of folks use a chain in place of the top link to better allow the mower to follow the terrain. The chain only comes into play when lifting the mower off the ground.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only thing I can think of is to open up your rate of drop valve. With no down pressure the 3PH will allow the implement to raise up as needed.

I have a feeling you are going to get better floating by using the movable links on the mower. You'll also notice that a lot of folks use a chain in place of the top link to better allow the mower to follow the terrain. The chain only comes into play when lifting the mower off the ground.
I’ll make adjustments and see what happens, thanks for all the help. Will keep you guys posted!

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660

·
Registered
12,013 Posts

back when i bought my frontier GM1072E finish mower-i had to buy an extra piece for the hitch-to make it I-match back then.
they took part of the hitch off and installed the i-match part on the mower.

here's a pic of chains being usedhere's what is on my brush hog-and RFM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts