Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a kit for sale, not sure if there are competing kits out there or if this is the one and only.
I am thinking I may put one of these on my 865M. Possibly another one on a future 865R if that should come to be.

Building Water Font Tableware Event

Building Rectangle Font Automotive lighting Auto part

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, likely not a big issue for reliability.

I am sure it would void certain aspects of the machines warranty.
‘Not something I am particularly concerned about.

·
Premium Member
10,601 Posts
I am just curious, why?

Never mind I see the reason in the other thread.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
535 Posts
I am just curious, why?

Never mind I see the reason in the other thread.
Because. It’s a TURBO 😂. Cool factor as far as I’m concerned. Very pleasing to the ears.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
only thing i see is "up to 50% increase in power" saw the exact same statement on the kubota one........i would want to know what to expect in power increase in a more specific manner if it were me

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
only thing i see is "up to 50% increase in power" saw the exact same statement on the kubota one........i would want to know what to expect in power increase in a more specific manner if it were me
I am not finding a ton of info or reviews.
A few very short videos on turbo diesel gators .
I found the man’s written review behind the first video seen below.
He does a really detailed review full of instal tips and tricks.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because. It’s a TURBO 😂. Cool factor as far as I’m concerned. Very pleasing to the ears.
Yea, pretty much nailed it.
i also like to think if you can why not. Lol
The diesels really could use / benafit from a power bump.
Oh yea, they sound so sweet with a turbo added.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
For something I never new of, I never needed it so bad.

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
535 Posts
For something I never new of, I never needed it so bad.
So are we going to see a turbo on the 870 or Kubota first? 😂

I’d put one on the 4052 except it already has one. I could have twin turbos!

Reactions: Herminator and SRG

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Ha, no I have a 2015 855D as well.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha, no I have a 2015 855D as well.

View attachment 854998
Nice looking gator!
You need your Vin when placing an order for one of these kits. Not sure why other then they may want to check compatibility. From what I understand is the diesel gators are the same rather 855 or the newer design 865, The differences are from the cab forward only.
I am planning to make some calls Monday, hopefully i will get 1 possibly 2 kits ordered.
i have seen some offering 200.00 off, others full price but free shipping. I found 1 that had free shipping and around 100 off. Most of them do say call for availability.

Reactions: arlen

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Yeah I saw that, says over 100,000 in the Vin.

I need a turbo Gator like I need a hole in my head. Pretty neat tho none the less. They sound awesome.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Registered
3039R
223 Posts
I‘ve had an 855d since 2014, and use it every day. It’s quite underpowered - will do 34 MPH max, and slows down a lot on steep climbs - but I just don’t think that tearing into the machine to add more power would be worth it, at least to me.

I depend upon my dealer for major maintenance work, e.g. things beyond oil & filter changes, so wouldn’t want to make my machine unserviceable by the dealer, even if it would add more power.

In any case, I opted for a diesel Gator because I was looking for a workhorse and not a dune buggy, and almost everything I had at the time ran on diesel, so the choice for me was clear. The machine runs fast enough for my needs, but I can understand for someone who is much more mechanically-inclined than I, this might be an interesting mod.

·
Administrator
22,618 Posts
Actually it would be compound turbos. Twins are generally on a V8 one for each 4 cylinders.
That’s still twins either way. We are just figuring out if they are parallel or series (compound).

Doesn’t matter the machine, two turbos are twice the fun!

·
Registered
767 Posts
That’s still twins either way. We are just figuring out if they are parallel or series (compound).

Doesn’t matter the machine, two turbos are twice the fun!
In compound turbo systems, the turbochargers are different sizes and operate in series, meaning the first turbo feeds the second turbo boosted air and the effect is compounded whereas a twin turbo configuration, identical sized turbos operate independently. With compounds this is accomplished by a small turbo providing low RPM response with a larger turbo producing power at high RPMs and simultaneously the two turbos operate as one throughout the RPM range.

And I agree two turbos, compound or twins are cool.

·
Administrator
22,618 Posts
In compound turbo systems, the turbochargers are different sizes and operate in series, meaning the first turbo feeds the second turbo boosted air and the effect is compounded whereas a twin turbo configuration, identical sized turbos operate independently. With compounds this is accomplished by a small turbo providing low RPM response with a larger turbo producing power at high RPMs and simultaneously the two turbos operate as one throughout the RPM range.

And I agree two turbos, compound or twins are cool.
I am very familiar with both concepts and installations. Either way, I think we need to see cc1999 do twins!!

Ooooh, he could do quad compounds! Tow sets of compounds! Perhaps some Methanol injection? Propane? Let’s drop in a Cummins X15!

Ok, perhaps I’m being just a tad silly. Just twins. Let’s do twins cc1999. 👍🏼

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I am very familiar with both concepts and installations. Either way, I think we need to see cc1999 do twins!!

Ooooh, he could do quad compounds! Tow sets of compounds! Perhaps some Methanol injection? Propane? Let’s drop in a Cummins X15!

Ok, perhaps I’m being just a tad silly. Just twins. Let’s do twins cc1999. 👍🏼
I think triplets would be best for little Yanmars😁

·
Administrator
22,618 Posts
1 - 20 of 60 Posts