Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone have experience with this product? I thought I saw a pic here of one on the top of a loader, I suppose for a receiver/ball hitch. Not sure how it would work but if you need to move a trailer once in awhile and don't want to spend a few hundred to do so, this may be the answer.

Thought?? Experience??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I have one of those Ken's receiver hitch mounts on my bucket.
I also put the optional bottom plate w/ shackle point on it to make it as rigid as possible. Plus you can put a shackle on it to hook the safety chains to.
Looks like a JD factory part and works great.

I bought this hitch from amazon to extend it out a little and drop the ball down to make it easier to grab the trailer tongue.

Amazon.com: Reese Towpower 21794 Class III Interlock Ball Mount: Automotive

Reactions: Levi and Marlin

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one of those Ken's receiver hitch mounts on my bucket.
I also put the optional bottom plate w/ shackle point on it to make it as rigid as possible. Plus you can put a shackle on it to hook the safety chains to.
Looks like a JD factory part and works great.

I bought this hitch from amazon to extend it out a little and drop the ball down to make it easier to grab the trailer tongue.

Amazon.com: Reese Towpower 21794 Class III Interlock Ball Mount: Automotive
Excellent:good2:. I'm a happy camper :greentractorride:. I already have the hitch with a slight drop. I've used it with a receiver I clamp-on to the bucket, but find, because everything in uphill, the clamp can twist L or R as I push the trailer, not a comfortable feeling. I found I like pushing the trailer around and into one spot or another as it's much easier to maneuver.

Reactions: srsvii and Levi

·
Registered
453 Posts
Anyone have experience with this product? I thought I saw a pic here of one on the top of a loader, I suppose for a receiver/ball hitch. Not sure how it would work but if you need to move a trailer once in awhile and don't want to spend a few hundred to do so, this may be the answer.

Thought?? Experience??
I have one of these...bolts into the rear frame of the tractor.. Works well for me...gives me the ability to hook up a trailer anytime. Yes, I have to get off of the seat to lower my trailers onto the hitch ball, which wouldn't need to happen with a bucket or 3 - pt hitch mounted receiver. But I figured that you have to dismount anyways to latch the trailer hitch before moving. I had enough hitches laying around that I have both size hitch balls and a clevis mounted.

Reactions: Marlin

·
Premium Member
13,006 Posts

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
I have one of these...bolts into the rear frame of the tractor.. Works well for me...gives me the ability to hook up a trailer anytime. Yes, I have to get off of the seat to lower my trailers onto the hitch ball, which wouldn't need to happen with a bucket or 3 - pt hitch mounted receiver. But I figured that you have to dismount anyways to latch the trailer hitch before moving. I had enough hitches laying around that I have both size hitch balls and a clevis mounted.
Not sure if you meant to include a link or not, but I believe this is what your referring to: https://heavyhitch.com/store/heavy-hitch-accessories/rear-hitch-receiver-plate/

·
584 Posts
Good option, if you're looking for 3 pt, Heavy hitch may be something to consider as well. Very versatile with the weight bracket.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts